QTS 4.3.4.0483 build 20180213
- To learn about the latest changes for x86-based models in this QTS build, see the [Fixed Issues] section below.
- To ensure system stability, QNAP recommends updating and then restarting QVPN Service in App Center after you update QTS to 4.3.4.
- As QTS previous versions of ARM models do not support snapshots, when you upgrade to QTS 4.3.4, the original volume cannot use this feature immediately. To solve this problem, you have to back up the existing data on your QNAP NAS to external storage. Then you can rebuild the QNAP NAS and take snapshots to the new storage pool with multiple volumes.
- Users can now downgrade QTS on ARM-based models. To downgrade to the target version, first downgrade to QTS 4.3.3.0351 Build 20171023 (or later versions).
- QTS 4.3.4 is the final available firmware update for the following models:
TS-EC1679U-SAS-RP, TS-EC1679U-RP, TS-1679U-RP, TS-EC1279U-SAS-RP, TS-EC1279U-RP, TS-1279U-RP, TS-1079 Pro, TS-EC879U-RP, TS-879U-RP, TS-1270U-RP, TS-870U-RP, TS-470U-RP, TS-470U-SP, TS-1269U-RP, TS-869U-RP, TS-469U-RP, TS-469U-SP, TS-879 Pro, TVS-870, TS-870 Pro, TS-870, TVS-670, TS-670 Pro, TS-670, TVS-470, TS-470 Pro, TS-470, TS-869 Pro, TS-869L, TS-669 Pro, TS-669L, TS-569 Pro, TS-569L, TS-469 Pro, TS-469L, TS-269 Pro, TS-269L, IS-400 Pro.
- For the status of QTS updates and maintenance for your NAS model, visit https://www.qnap.com/en/product/eol.php
- When QTS 4.3.x is installed on NAS models running on 64-bit Intel and AMD processors, some applications may not be supported. To check if installed apps on your NAS are compatible with QTS 4.3.x, download the QTS 64-bit compatibility tool and install it on your current QTS build. (https://download.qnap.com/QPKG/CF64_0.1-1114.qpkg.zip)
- Starting from QTS 4.3.4, QNAP NAS devices no longer support creating storage pools or static volumes using NVMe PCIe/M.2 SSDs. However, this limitation does not apply to the SSDs installed in built-in M.2 slots or on QM2 expansion cards.
- Below are the kernel versions for the NAS models supported by QTS 4.3.4.0479:
kernel 2.6: TS-269H
kernel 3.10.20: TS-128, TS-228
kernel 3.2.26: TS-x31, TS-x31U
kernel 3.4.6: TS-x69, TS-x69U, TS-x69L
kernel 4.2.8: HS-251, IS-400, SS-x79U, TS-x79, TS-x79U, SS-x79U, TS-x70, TS-x70U, TVS-x70, TS-x31P, TS-x31P2, TS-x31+, TS-x31X, TS-x31XU, TS-x28A, TS- x35, TS-x51, TS-x51A, TS-x51U, TS-x53, TS-x53A, TBS-x53A, TS-x53B, TS-x53BU, TS-x53S, IS-453S, TS-x53U, TVS-x63, TS-x63, TS-x63U, TS-x73U, TS-x77, TVS-x80, TS-x80, TVS-x80U, TS-x80U, TVS-x82, TVS-x82S, TVS-1582TU, TS-x85, TES-x85U, TDS-16489U, TVS-x71, TVS-x71U, TVS-x73
- Added support for License Center, an integrated user interface that enables users to manage and purchase licenses. To open License Center, go to ""Control Panel"" > ""System"" > ""License Center"".
Note: License Center uses a new authorization mechanism. Licenses that are purchased from QNAP Store only support QTS 4.3.4.0483 and later versions. Users can choose to keep existing licenses or convert them to the new format.
- Added support for QNAP Store, a website where users can purchase licenses.
Note: Licenses that are purchased from QNAP Store only support QTS 4.3.4.0483 and later versions.
- Users can now activate a beep alarm or blink LED indicators to quickly locate the NAS. To use this feature, go to "QTS Desktop" > "Toolbar" > "Options" > "Locate my NAS".
- Users can now specify their regions. System services are localized for the selected region. To select a region, go to "Control Panel" > "System" > "General Settings" > "Region".
- Updated the user interface of McAfee Antivirus to provide support for QTS License Center.
Note: To work with License Center, McAfee must be updated to 2.0.0.
- Added support for Web Services Dynamic Discovery (WS-Discovery) so that File Explorer in Windows 10 can display NAS device names.
- Removed the "My License" section from App Center. License management features are now integrated into "License Center".
- Added a note to remind users that enabling Remote Desktop may affect the playback quality of local videos.
- File Station would take a long time to search for keywords through a large number of files.
- Network connection errors would occur when users kept downloading torrent files via the 10 Gigabit Ethernet port.
- QTS would unmount certain volumes when the NAS restarted after users updated QTS to 4.3.4.0435 Build 20171230.
- Users would not be prompted for a security code when they logged on to QTS via SmartURL even if 2-step verification was enabled.
- Users could not select the disks no.9 to no.12 when creating an SSD cache on the TS-1263U.
- After users converted a thick volume to a thin volume, Storage & Snapshots would incorrectly show the usage of the volume as 100% allocated.
- Storage & Snapshots would display an incorrect error message when users clicked "Expand Volume" to expand a legacy volume.
- QTS Dashboard should not display warning messages when the storage space of an external drive was almost full.
- Snapshot Manager could not display the shared folders on the volumes protected by snapshots.
- Users could not set the NAS as an additional domain controller after updating QTS to 4.3.4.
- Users could not view the files in NFS shared folders on encrypted NAS volumes via Windows after restarting the NAS.
- Naming shared folders with certain special characters would cause QTS to display a blank screen in "Control Panel" > "Privilege" > "Shared Folders".
- Setting a virtual switch as the system default gateway would cause network connection errors.
- Storage & Snapshots would display a warning message about insufficient storage space when users modified the capacity of an iSCSI LUN even if the storage pool had enough space.
- The file sort order in a shared folder would be different from the sort order in the shared link of the shared folder.
- On the myQNAPcloud website, the setup page and the FAQ page for 2-step verification did not list the same supported regions.
- Users with read-only permissions could not view the thumbnails of media files in File Station.
- Users could not send an email via PHP using a web browser.
- Users could not be authenticated using certain passwords when creating a remote snapshot replication job.
- Google Chrome would display a warning message about untrusted certificates when users tried to access the NAS via HTTPS with a self-signed certificate created in QTS.
- Enhanced system and data security measures for configuration files.