[Boblight SupportThread] Update: 11-02-2014, Boblight 0.8R6

• Hi Speedy!

Version 0.7R5 is running very well on my Solo2. Great Job!

But there is still a little sync problem. In every resolution the light is a little bit faster than the picture.
    In 0.7R2 you had a function, where you could add some individual delay in frames. This worked very good for me with 3-5 frames extra delay. But this feature is gone in 0.7R5. Would it be possible to bring it back in a new version?

Greetings, Martin

• Update :winking_face:
    [Boblight UpdateThread] Update: 21-06-2013, Boblight 0.7R6

• hatte ähnliche probleme und seltsame phänomene.Habe dann Atmolight deinstalliert und die box neugestrartet, seit dem null probleme!

• I reflashed my Receiver and upgraded boblight from Version 0.5R15, which was running good, to the newest release 0.7r6.

But my nighmare came true and I don`t get boblight to work,...
    I used the configurator Key 5 from boblight to create the cfg file.

When I try to start the deamon I get following message.

Is the configurator not working or what else can cause this?

[Edit]
    I was creating the cfg file manually and now I get following error message

GreeT`s Erich

• Hi, The boblight.conf file need for the lightname 3 chars not less and not more. So xx1 xx2 xx3 and so on.

Try to use the newest boblightconfigtool from krautmaster, krautmaster has added this to his newest version.

The best option is to use the inbuild configcreator, because i use floats instead of ints (better positions).

But now you problem:

Where do you start with led 1 ? and to witch direction you go ?

Gr Speedy1985

P.s sorry for my poor english :), Iam online in chat. webchat.freenode.net channel: boblight-enigma2

• Thanks to speedyisfast :hurra:

The light Name was the error - even if I don`t understand why you limmited it?
    This should be flexible in my point of view.
    But maybe there is a reason I don`t know.

If you know it then it`s ok - otherwise upgrading from an old Version is a pain in the a....
    I always sai - never Change a running System - thats why I didn`t update for a Long time :face_with_rolling_eyes:

GreeT`s Erich

• The lightnames must be 3 chars from version 0.6r1.
    i have limmited it to three chars because more then 3 chars will use a lot off memory and cpu while running. (20% now 12%).

I will try to make it simple to update it to a newer version :)

Thanks for your Donation Eriche :hurra:

Gr Speedy.

• you are welcome speedyisfast

but like I told you.
    There are so many Features and Parameters in the boblight deamon that a user who don`t is a Computer Freak may fail in Setting it up or in Tuning it to the optimum.

A good documentation is the key to satisfyed users :winking_face:
    I played around a lot with the Parameters - but still don`t know how each Parameter effects the Colors or the behaving of the boblight deamon or the grabber.

I mean for example - I have an Intervall in fps and a Speed under the Dynamic Settings,...
    I leave this Default because I have no idea what this is doing?
    For sure many users don`t know how each Parameter effects the Thing,...

Right now I try to figure out what the boblightRemote (Android app) is doing :winking_face:

Keep on working on this great Project and thX for the Support - I appreciate it!

GreeT`s Erich

• Hi Speedy,
    Any idea about the flashes ( see my last comment)?
    Thanky you and best regards,
    Zwehn

DM800SE, newnigma2 V3.3.2 2012-03-28, adalight with 50 lamps, last working boblight version: enigma2-plugin-extensions-boblight-enigma2_0.6r17_mipsel.ipk

• Zitat

Originally posted by zwehn
    Hi Speedy,
    Any idea about the flashes ( see my last comment)?
    Thanky you and best regards,
    Zwehn

No sorry, its a weird problem.
    but the leds are off then ? and also tv off ?
    or do you have the box in standby and boblight-enigma2 running ??

Gr Speedy

• Hi speedy.
    I also still have problems with flashlights, but not so often (1-2 every hour) and "softer" than earlier.
    But I have another problem (also with earlier versions):
    * autostart = off, but sometimes BL is active after standby (when recordings were running in standby).
    * sometimes, when BL isn´t active, I must start it several times until it reacts.
    * sometimes, when BL is running, I must stop it several times until it stops.
    * after stop normally the configured color of sedu-board goes on, but sometimes it´s getting dark.
    * Moodlamp still doesn´t show the right colors with Sedu-Lights V2, so I can´t use it

But the rest works well. :hurra: Thanks!!!

• Hi speedy,
    I have the flashes in both cases.
    On the hand by running the box and lamps are on.
    On the other hand if dreambox is in standby but deamon running.
    Regards, sven

DM800SE, newnigma2 V3.3.2 2012-03-28, adalight with 50 lamps, last working boblight version: enigma2-plugin-extensions-boblight-enigma2_0.6r17_mipsel.ipk

• Hello!
    today i have installed Version Boblight 0.7R6, sedulight ist working if i start "boblightd" at the terminal. there is no automatic start - is this a bug?
    at the graphic interface i activated the first two buttons (autmatic start and activate deamon if the lights are off)

i have installed OpenPLI 3.0, Kernel 3.8.7, i hope someone can help me...

Ps.
    great work!

• Zitat

Originally posted by zwehn
    Hi speedy,
    I have the flashes in both cases.
    On the hand by running the box and lamps are on.
    On the other hand if dreambox is in standby but deamon running.
    Regards, sven

Ok, right.
    But when the daemon is not running ?? there are still flashes ?
    Or only when daemon is running ?

Test:
    Set lights off
    Set box in standby.
    Open terminal and type top

is there in this list a boblight-enigma2 running ??

Test2
    Open terminal and stop daemon.
    killall boblightd
    now set box to standby.

Gr Speedy
    Are there still flashes ?

• I'am in chat
    can help you with this problem.

see signature.

gr speedy.

• Hello Speedy!
    thanks again for your time -

the autmatic start is bugged - now i know it too :winking_face:

the other problem is sloved the button: switch between dynamic and static (moodle) light dosn`t worked, so i turned off the "network mode" at the boblight control gui an now is still working...