[Boblight SupportThread] Update: 11-02-2014, Boblight 0.8R6

• hallo zusammnen,
    ich habe immer noch das Problem , wenn ich umschalte egal ob SD oder HD Sender , habe ich Zahnräder , hat mir einer dafür eine Lösung

danke

Merlin³ OE2.0 + GP3 boblight-enigma2-0.8r5
    raspberry pi @ boblight

• Zitat

Originally posted by yammyam
    hallo zusammnen,
    ich habe immer noch das Problem , wenn ich umschalte egal ob SD oder HD Sender , habe ich Zahnräder , hat mir einer dafür eine Lösung

danke

Hi, yammyam.

Have you enabled the blackbar detection ?
    This is still development. and not working in this moment.
    This can be the reason for the wheels.

And what is your sizedown ? (menu optiuon2)

Gr Speedy

• Donation is out...!

Thx for your Work!!!! :danke:

greetings

• hi speedy

i have an N BOX with enigma2... and was trying to install the plugin but get an error
    tried both files (32 and non 32)
    and get this error:

• Zitat

Originally posted by googloman
    hi speedy

i have an N BOX with enigma2... and was trying to install the plugin but get an error
    tried both files (32 and non 32)
    and get this error:

What is a N Box ??
    I think this is not supported.

What sort of processor had it ??
    and what image you use ?
    And what is the output of

Code
    cat /proc/stb/info/chipset

?

Gr Speedy

• N box is from a polish platform and you can patch it with enigma 2.It Based on the processor Sti7100
    Flash Memory: 64 MB
    RAM: 192 MB
    This processor has 266 mhz.i thing dm800 is better then this one.and the 800 has problems with boblight because low power.

• yea its that one adi800 mentions

so i guess no chance?
    I tried your command; doesnt work, but have given other info maybe you can see?

if it is impossible on this box... what is best box to buy?
    will it work with the VU+ solo2? It has a 1.2ghz processor i think....

But if it can work with this and I can save money that would be BEST!!!

thanks

• Hi speedy,

One suggestion for your overview page. Perhaps you could include the following link.
    sanya.tarhelyszolgaltato.eu/. It is a good web calculator to help adjusting the leds around your tv.
    In additon there is a possebilty to get the leds config part for the boblight.conf file in the same step.
    For me it was very helpful by building a frame for my tv to have here the direct mm in a table generated where i have to make the holes.

Zwehn

DM800SE, newnigma2 V3.3.2 2012-03-28, adalight with 50 lamps, last working boblight version: enigma2-plugin-extensions-boblight-enigma2_0.6r17_mipsel.ipk

• Hi karalik,
    My dreambox boblight config is working pretty well now. You mentioned in your posting that raspbmc is working with the deamon of your dreambox.
    I tried the same by installing the raspbmc boblight addon and activated it. In the configuration of the plugin i put in the ip adress of the dreambox. But in the movie mode no light are on.
    Is there anything to config in the dreambox as well? If i use my raspbmc i put the dreambox in standby.
    Thank you, zwehn

DM800SE, newnigma2 V3.3.2 2012-03-28, adalight with 50 lamps, last working boblight version: enigma2-plugin-extensions-boblight-enigma2_0.6r17_mipsel.ipk

• Zitat

Originally posted by zwehn
    Hi karalik,
    My dreambox boblight config is working pretty well now. You mentioned in your posting that raspbmc is working with the deamon of your dreambox.
    I tried the same by installing the raspbmc boblight addon and activated it. In the configuration of the plugin i put in the ip adress of the dreambox. But in the movie mode no light are on.
    Is there anything to config in the dreambox as well? If i use my raspbmc i put the dreambox in standby.
    Thank you, zwehn

You mean if you play a video on the raspbmc and want that the lights from dream are on ?

Have you changed the bobconfig.txt ?

localhost must be the ip adress from your box.
    and 19333 is the port.

Then save the bobconfig.txt. now it must work.

Gr Speedy

• Zitat

Originally posted by zwehn
    Hi karalik,
    Thank you, zwehn

Hi,
    remove raspbmc boblight add-on. There is problem with priorities i think. (What i read on raspberry forum).

Since you have working raspberry pi, you can use it as boblight deamon.
    So install speedy's ipk on dm, press 4, put raspberry's ip (which is boblight deamon's ip), save and press green (open lights). Now you should get ambilight from dreambox.

When u use raspberry for watching film, just put dreambox in standby or choose "light off" in speedy's plug'in.

• thanks for replies gues

so guess i will have to replace by nBox

questoin: does any vu+ solo work ? even the 'made in china' ones?
    is there any limits like on the dm800 with the vu+ solo normal version? (not the 2)

i have gone through the different 55+ pages of this thread lol
    would it be worth having a compatibility page?
    there are so many broadcom receivers different price ranges.... i dont know which one would be best.
    most are 400mhz.... is that powerful enough?

i dont want to buy another box which will not work :frowning_face:

• Hallo !
    Puh, mir schwirrt der Kopf, habe mich durch zig Foren und Threads durchgearbeitet und hoffe hier richtig zu sein. Ok, die Software ist also nur auf einem bestimmten Chipset und / oder einer bestimmten CPU lauffähig.

Aber welche ist nun die Box mit der stärksten Hardware, auf der sie läuft ? Stimmt es dass die VU+ Modelle der zweiten Generation (Solo2 etc.) kompatibel sind ? Und falls ja, sind die Out-Of-the-Box kompatibel oder nur durch komplizierte Anpassungen ?

Gruß,
    Impact

• Hi Karalik,

I want to use the client grabber on the raspbmc with boblight addon.
    Demon is working on the dreambox.

Demon on dreambox has the right ip adress in the boblight.conf. Clientgrabber on dreambox is linked to this ip (over boblight addon on dreambox and ip for client).
    So the environment on dreambox works with specific IP.

Now to the Raspbmc and the config there.
    In my understanding I only need the raspbmc addon boblight as a client to connect with the dreambox demon.
    Therefore I put the IP from the dreambox in the raspbmc boblight gui to link. But that didnt work.
    Do I have to put in addition also a boblight.conf to the raspbmc if I only want to use the dreambox demon?

thanks, zwehn

• Hi zwehn.

The boblight addon for xbmc is not working with raspbmc or other distro's
    the only thing that works on this moment is the patched xbmc with raspbmc, see :http://pibob.nadnerb.co.uk/software.html

replace part 2 with the optimized version see: https://github.com/Speedy1985/boblightd-for-raspberry/wiki

To change the settings, you need to make a bobconfig.txt file in /home/pi/

Paste this into the new file and save

Turn off the lights on your dreambox or put the dream in standby.
    but let the daemon running.

Now restart pi and it must work.

a boblight.conf is not needed on your pi, only on the dreambox.

Gr Speedy

• Thanks Speedy for the raspbmc howto, in the end I decided not to go for this special raspbmc implementation. I dont want to loose the standard with update services...
    Hopefully its a question of time that this will be standard.

Buts thanks anyway.

Zwehn

• speedy, i got regulary led-flashes from time to time even if the leds are off. Any Idea?
    Regards, sven