[Boblight SupportThread] Update: 11-02-2014, Boblight 0.8R6

• Hi speedy,

can you tell me what's the default delay value, if I don't set it specially by using "t" command?

I've tried it with 5, and it looks quite good so far. but I have to test around a bit more.

• Zitat

Originally posted by YoBnEb
    Hi speedy,

can you tell me what's the default delay value, if I don't set it specially by using "t" command?

I've tried it with 5, and it looks quite good so far. but I have to test around a bit more.

You can see default values if you start with boblight-enigma2 -d

Shift,Skip,Ival:0,8,0.10

• thanks for the quick response. So it was set to value 12 for me... my tv has not so a large input lag like that :grinning_squinting_face:

• I can confirm these stats on my solo2 - 5 is a good value for 1080i

• I don't know what "Creator" means?

I have used the BoblightConfigTool from Krautmaster in the past to create the boblight.conf

Can someone explain what I have to do now?

• Zitat

Original von Lightwizzard
    I don't know what "Creator" means?

I have used the BoblightConfigTool from Krautmaster in the past to create the boblight.conf

Can someone explain what I have to do now?

Hi, Lightwizzard.

If you start the BoblightMenu and press 1.
    You get the creater menu, here you can make a boblight.conf for each device.

In the last version the lightnames must be 3 chars long.

• Zitat

Original von chriss255
    Hello, must be XX1 XX2... Or its 1XX 2XX.. Ok?
    Daemon its active but ambilight dont work :s

What can i do??

Al chars can.
    XX1 or 001 or 1XX all off this are ok.
    It must be 3 chars, not more and not less.

You need to stop the daemon and restart this to load the new config.

in terminal:
    killall boblightd
    boblightd -f

Gr Speedy

• Ok the chars are ok,
    But the problem is, i cant use telnet i dont have the password, my friend has configurate my dreambox and he dont give me the pass.

Can i do it without the terminal?

Gr

• Zitat

Original von chriss255
    Ok the chars are ok,
    But the problem is, i cant use telnet i dont have the password, my friend has configurate my dreambox and he dont give me the pass.

Can i do it without the terminal?

Gr

You can try to start it now with boblightmenu , but if there is something wrong you can't see this.

• you mean with the yellow button (neustart)?

when i press in menü 1 and go under config and press the yellow button (test), left bottom on my tv only shine (only 10 pixels)

• Zitat

Original von chriss255
    you mean with the yellow button (neustart)?

when i press in menü 1 and go under config and press the yellow button (test), left bottom on my tv only shine (only 10 pixels)

OK, than it[ almost working.
    only your config is not ok.

Open /etc/boblight.conf and edit this.

• I've updated from version 0.6R5 to 0.6R9 and since then, nothing is working. Can't get the lights to work. Updated today to 0.6R10 and still nothing.

First update was just installing R9 over R5. Since it didn't worked, I've uninstalled it, did a complete reboot and installed version R9 again. Still nothing. Socket error, whether I'm using network mode or local mode.

Tried today's version R10 and still can't get it to work. Starting via telnet, boblight also reports to be R9, which is little confusing.

Did a complete uninstallation, reboot, installed R5, full reboot and it is working again. With local mode and network mode, which I need for XBMC.

I'll keep using R5, since it is the best version atm for me.

My setup:

Adalight with 50 LEDs
    connected as ttyACM0

If I can be of help in any way, I'll do my very best.

EDIT:
    Here is my boblight.conf

VU+ UNO, VTI 5.1.x, 500GB internal HDD, 4GB Stick for PICONS
    Arduino UNO, 50 WS2801 LEDs, Boblight (always the latest version)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von TheNewGuy ()

• Please post your boblight.conf, i will edit them and post it back. then it will work on r9 - r10

• I have now installed R10 and have created a new boblight.conf with the Creator.

The problem is, that the LEDs are flickering extremely fast, even when the tv picture is set to one single color and in "pause" mode.

• Zitat

Original von McFly8
    I have now installed R10 and have created a new boblight.conf with the Creator.

The problem is, that the LEDs are flickering extremely fast, even when the tv picture is set to one single color and in "pause" mode.

I thinnk there are more then one processes open of daemon or boblight-enigma2.

Please open a terminal and stop all the processes of boblight.

killall boblightd
    killall boblight-enigma2

Now retry.