Enigma2 Image for PowerPC Dreamboxes - Howto

• What bitbake commands did you use for enigma2-plugins ?

I used these commands :-

cd /...../build
    source ./env.source
    bitbake -cclean enigma2-plugins
    bitbake -enigma2-plugins

with my .bb and the attached in /sources.

• Yes that was exactly the commands I did :) I'm pretty chuffed with that.

But with enigma2-plugins_cvs.schwerkraft.elitedvb.net__20100724.tar.gz reflecting differences in source date.

I must admit I have done a cclean world n started again since then though for a fresh start!

• Zitat

Originally posted by Hejira
    Yes that was exactly the commands I did :) I'm pretty chuffed with that.

But with enigma2-plugins_cvs.schwerkraft.elitedvb.net__20100724.tar.gz reflecting differences in source date.

I must admit I have done a cclean world n started again since then though for a fresh start!

There was no need for that. :)

I changed the date from the older date. Because I wanted some new plugins.

• I've changed source date, rebuilt plugins ok n restarted dreambox-image :)

Edit: I have an image, I wasn't expecting that so quickly!!! I'll see if it boots in BA.

• Are you sure it is enigma2 ? :grinning_squinting_face:

You will probably need some patches to boot. Let us know what happens !

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von pcd ()

• Of course i'm not sure if it's e2 pmsl i'm just n optimist n had to have a go :)

No didn't seem to boot got to the sharp dream start screen, I could telnet in to reboot.

• What is the size of the image ?

I will have to post you some patches. It is late now. When will you again start your trials ?

• image size 27.7MB

whenever your ready, I'm writing up some notes to help me remember what I've done so far.

Again I can't thank you enough for help.

• Hi,

Attached are the items you need for a e2-cvs image. If this works - I will post the other items for v7.0.

Please put in the items as here :-

A_importsE2 -> /tmp/work
    enigma2.bb -> /packages/enigma2
    oe_enigma2_diff.patch -> /packages/enigma2
    dreambox-df2.bb -> /packages/dreambox
    dreambox-image.bb -> /packages/images

Please check that the scripts in A-importsE2 have permission to execute.

Cheers, pcd.

• log_check: There were error messages in the logfile
    log_check: Matched keyword: [Cannot find package]
    Collected errors:
    Cannot find package enigma2-skin-zombi-hdr3.

I just commented out for now n I have a new image, BA here we come! :)

Edit: Ok it gets a bit further, but now caught in a boot loop, The blurred dream boot screen goes to spinning gears but not displayed right, then blue/white vertical lines, back to blurred dream.

(I'm using SVideo)

• Please do these telnet commands :-

init 4
    killall -9 enigma2
    enigma2>/tmp/e.log 2>&1 &

Then post /tmp/e.log

Why is the Zombi skin asked for ? Where in my items Zombi skin is mentioned ?

• skin in dreambox-image

i also renamed dvb-modules in tar to df2 which I take was right?

I've been brave n also changed in df2 to this:
    PV_dm600pvr = "${KV}-20090430"

this was date in my dvb-modules, compiled ok n this is the e.log from that image in BA

• I do not know what you did with dvb-modules.bb. It is different from dreambox-df2.bb.

dvb-modules contains the drivers. Perhaps you lost the drivers. Do the files I provided and bitbake them separately.

• Maybe I got a bit confused with your files, there was no dreambox-df2.bb only dreambox-dvb-modules.bb so i renamed it to df2 n kept my modules.bb the image built I still have n will test but it looked like it had the same incorrect display.

I noticed my modules.bb date was newer than yours for 600 n thought I would be brave n have a test if my change would work n build more than anything. Just testing I understand what will happen when I make changes!

So should dreambox-df2 n modules.bb be the same file as technically I have not yet done this!

• I checked. Sorry I made a mistake. There is no need for dreambox-df2.

In dreambox-image.bb - please delete the dreambox-df2 line.

Then bitbake dreambox-dvb-modules.bb and dreambox-image.bb.

The image needs dreambox-dvb-modules for drivers. Probably renaming it is causing the problem.

• No worries, I'm convinced in my haste it's my fault somehow, I saw newer date n got a bit carried away.

not sure I cclean all I needed to.