DM600PVR Enigma2 Enigma1 Combined Image Pcd 6.1

• Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!

EPG Import working now, thanks kelehrl.

It's a bit slow to download, but who cares, will set it to run at 4.00am every day!

Be great if someone could port crossepg to this system, that works great on the DM800.

I'm so nearly there now, the webinterface is working, but the streaming keeps freezing every couple of seconds. Any ideas? Not a major thing to me as I can always stream from one of my DM500 boxes, but if I get this mastered, I've got a friend I want to set up but he only has 1xDM800 and 1xDM600.

Cheers,
    Garry.

• Only a guess - the freezing can be due to any decrypting tool or lan speed or vlc default settings ?

• It takes me around 40 minutes to download epg for sky uk, sky it, d+, ex-yu and one more smaller package. But automatic epg import works great. I don't think 4 am is a good idea because grabbing on the rytec side may not be finished by that time. Mine is set to 6 am but I think 5 am is also good.

Don't forget to change enigma2.sh file because without it, epg won't be loaded into the box.

Regrading streaming, on some packages streaming worked OK, on others, it didn't. It would start and immediately freeze. Sky uk streaming didn't work for me but total tv worked just fine.

• Using wired gigabyte network around the house, so I presume the dreamboxes are linking at 100 no probs. Tested on two different machines and streaming from the DM500's and the DM800 perfectly, just the DM600. Like I said, not a major issue, but if you have any further ideas?

Also, I thought I'd try the mediacentre as I do play mp3's from my server in the bedroom, but it says

An error occured, return value: 4.
    Collected errors:
    Cannon find package /tmp/mediacenter.v0.92_1_powerpc.ipk
    Check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update'

I take it that by using the hdd, I can test as many plugins as I want without worrying about memory?

Cheers guys,
    Garry.

• Don't bother with media centre because mp3 playing doesn't work in enigma2 for ppc boxes.

Zitat

I take it that by using the hdd, I can test as many plugins as I want without worrying about memory?

Not entirely true. Using increase memory with hdd gives you additional space in flash but it is limited. You've got an option to check free memory in extra setup.

• Is there anyway I can re-install the enigma1 addon or do I have start from scratch?

I deleted it, as I could see no need for it, but may keep it on for the mp3s.

• Zitat

Originally posted by garry breezer
    Bummer about the mp3s!

I play them a lot!

Oh well, may have to stick to e1.

Go to blue button ( long press) - plugin StartEnigma1 - then you can play mp3.

• Zitat

Originally posted by kalehrl

Not entirely true. Using increase memory with hdd gives you additional space in flash but it is limited. You've got an option to check free memory in extra setup.

All your Extensions plugins and python software go to the hdd. So you can install as many Extensions plugins as you like.

• Hello,

First tank you very much PCD for this firmware. Very nice job Mister.

In your older test image you put samba, why not yet, in mulitboot the space is not a problem.

I find a bug with the volume button, it works not good.

Is there any chance to enable automount and to have the same appearance in video menu like in usual Enigma2 image; you know with bookmarks... It's very attractive when you whant to read movies over Ethernet, on the other Dreambox (more that one), nfs, ,...

Cheers.

Aki

PS I talk about your work here : http://blog.aki.ch/?p=10220

• Zitat

Is there any chance to enable automount and to have the same appearance in video menu like in usual Enigma2 image;

You can have automount via entry in /etc/fstab.

• e2 plugin not install..

DM 920UHD DM 900UHD WE, DM7020HD, DM800SE

• Hi

It seems the plugin ipk enigma2-plugin-extensions-ivezmenu is not in the correct format. Perhaps it may be a tar.gz file ?

Cheers, pcd.

• Zitat

Originally posted by Doppler
    How would ipk--> tar

In the name please change .ipk to .tar.gz and try to install.