usbTuner (multiple tuners on dm800) v0.7.3 ipk package (all new images) + GUI plugin

• if i put the device now in the usb port, the CPU usage wil be 50% - 60% permanently, (normal ~10%) if i restart E2, the device is not shown as a tuner in E2.

if i completly reboot the box with the DVB-T stick connected, is the box not working correctly, (no bootlogo on boot, cams not work, high CPU load....) if i disconnect it, so the box is booting normal with bootlogo and all work fine...

i think that it is not the right firmware (extracted from windows driver).

maybe i need a special fimrware for E2 ???? but where i can get it ???

on dreamboxupdate is only the Driver for that device but no firmware...

Dreambox 900 UHD SS
    Dreambox 8000 HD: SSSC/T, 2GB CF, DVD
    Qnap TS219 P II + 2TB + 3TB HDD

NC+ HD
    Sky Germany HD

• Look at your lsusb output and find right firmware here. You have to use "manual extraction" of firmware from windows installation files.

• Hi, could you tell me which usb dvb-s2 tuners are supported using this plugin? I've read the whole thread but can't seem to find any information about it. I'm well capable of compiling and installing linux drivers so don't need spoonfeeding, just a list of compatible tuners would be great! Thanks, great forum you have here, I hope to be sticking around for a while! :grinning_squinting_face:

• hi. My MSI DVBT Stick is not working. I use a 800se whit merlin3 2.0.
    I installed "module-init-tools_3.16-r0_mips32el.ipk" and "usbtuner_0.7.3x_all.ipk".
    I think it goes right. It loads 3 drivers but it dosnt work.
    http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/MSI_Mega_Sky_55801
    Here is an screenshot:

• My dongle (Leadtek WinFast DTV Dongle Gold = AF9015) works on the latest experimental OE2.0 with the package usbtuner_0.7.3x_all.ipk. But sometimes I need restart the enigma2 (GUI) when the box was restarted. Without GUI restart the dvbt channels aren't accesible.

The problem it is not inside the plugin but somewhere else (drivers, usbtuner, ...).

• helour: Which "module-init-tools"-ipk did you install? I cannot find any module-init-tools which works. And without module-init-tools, trying to install usbtuner results in the following error:

Code
    root@dm800se:/media/hdd# opkg install usbtuner_0.7.3_all.ipk
    Installing usbtuner (0.7.3) to flash...
    Collected errors:
     * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for usbtuner:
     *      module-init-tools *     module-init-tools *
     * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package usbtuner.
  • 1. If you want to use usbtuner on OE2.0 images you need download the "x" version of the usbtuner package = usbtuner_0.7.3x_all.ipk
    2. After it you have to install module-init-tools:
    opkg update
    opkg install module-init-tools
    3. Then you can install usbtuner:
    opkg install usbtuner_0.7.3x_all.ipk
    4. You also need download and install right firmware. Look at first page how to install usbtuner.

PS: The OE2.0 image is still experimental, I have sometimes problems with teletext cache and DVB-T channels switching.

• I have nothing special for my Leadtek WinFast DTV Dongle Gold (0413:6029):

1. My image is dreambox-image-dm800-20121013.nfi
    2. The firmware dvb-usb-af9015.fw is from the common package v4l-firmwares_0.2_all.ipk
    3. The drivers are from the standard dm800 experimental repository
    4. Plugin and installation script is usbtuner_0.7.3x_all.ipk

• does yours stick needs TDA18218 drivers
    yes or no
    cause everythng goes arround them
    BTW all 9015 sticks

my box is original
    sticks doesnt matter
    i have also at home dm500 old one ,old one7020 and,dm800

is int not enough

• Zitat

Original von helour
    Look at your lsusb output and find right firmware here. You have to use "manual extraction" of firmware from windows installation files.

i have it allreadey testet, but the same, the device is not shown as a tuner under enigma2

Dreambox 900 UHD SS

NC+ HD
    Sky Germany HD

• Did you try your dvbt stick on any linux PC with extracted firmware? You can choose from many live (CD/DVD) linux distros without installing it to HDD. This would be first way to test if your stick is working under linux.

• Zitat

Original von helour
    Did you try your dvbt stick on any linux PC with extracted firmware? You can choose from many live (CD/DVD) linux distros without installing it to HDD. This would be first way to test if your stick is working under linux.

if it is ok, i have linux (ubuntu x64) on a virtual machine (vmware), but a live CD or usb drive wil be not a problem, i test it sunday or next week with an x86 distribution

Dreambox 900 UHD SS

NC+ HD
    Sky Germany HD