usbTuner (multiple tuners on dm800) v0.7.3 ipk package (all new images) + GUI plugin

• Any ideas whats going wrong? Is this a 800hd only thread?

Code
    root@dm500hd:/# uname -a
    Linux dm500hd 2.6.18-7.4-dm500hd #1 SMP Sat Oct 29 20:18:17 CEST 2011 7405b0-smp GNU/Linux

Code
    root@dm500hd:/# lsusb
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 15a4:9016 Afatech Technologies, Inc. AF9015 DVB-T USB2.0 stick
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 050d:0307 Belkin Components USB 2.0 - 7 ports Hub [FSU307]

Code
    root@dm500hd:/etc/init.d# usbtuner.sh stop
    Stopping all usbtuner instances...(None running).
    Unloading module: dvb-usb-af9015...Done.

Code
    root@dm500hd:/# dmesg
    [4294959.964000] usbcore: deregistering driver dvb_usb_af9015

Code
    root@dm500hd:/etc/init.d# usbtuner.sh start
    Loading module: dvb-usb-af9015...Failed!
    /dev/dvb/adapter1 not created by loading the driver. Please check dmesg for reasons

Code
    root@dm500hd:/# dmesg
    [4294965.707000] af9015: command failed:1
    [4294965.707000] af9015: eeprom read failed:-1
    [4294965.708000] dvb_usb_af9015: probe of 1-1.1:1.0 failed with error -1
    [4294965.708000] usbcore: registered new driver dvb_usb_af9015
  • I have attached a pinnacle 73e to my dreambox 800se
    I have installed the latest oozoon image on the flash
    and cvs + gp3 & merlin & newenigma & on the usb flash
    I installed ( usbtuner_0.7.3 ) & (enigma2switcher_0.2_dm800se.ipk )
    on all of these images.
    But it works only on cvs + gp3 image without any problem
    on the other images when I go and click on the newly added plugin
    (dvbt....) the dvb-t stick is detected and when I choose the driver
    botton it shows that the diver is installing but after that the enable and disable
    botton does not appear . It shows again install driveron the botton .and there is no
    green sign beside the detected device.

• I forgot to mention that i i downloaded all drivers

Code
    #/usr/script/usbtnrsetup.sh download_drivers all

from the feed which includes v4l-dvb-module-mxl5007t - 0.0+hg20100904-r5.

Also the tuner wouldn't work on my linux pc, but when i upgraded my kernel to a version > 2.6.37 everything was fine.

• Hi guys,

the Enigma2 team (many thanks Andreas) removed known problem with usb tuners and non FTA DVB-S channels.

You don't need the enigma2switcher longer.

• I have created new "extended version" of the current (v0.7.3) /usr/script/usbtnrsetup.sh script.

1. Source code was polished.
    2. New option download_sifteam_drivers was added for people who want to test the SIFTeam drivers and firmwares which are newer than others.

Edit: 05.06.2012 -> wrong "sifteam" display removed

Please backup your current /usr/script/usbtnrsetup.sh file before replace.

For test purposes only.

• With sifteam drivers my usb-t stick is working fine. However encrypted dvb-s/s2 channels are not working, fta dvb-s/s2 and fta dvb-t are ok. There are no encrypted dvb-t channels where i live.

When i remove the usb stick and restart all dvb-s/s2 (fta and encrypted) are working fine.

With usb inserted

Code
    root@dm500hd:~# ls /dev/dvb/adapter0/
    audio0     ca1        ca3        demux1     demux3     dvr0       dvr2       dvr4       frontend1       net1       net3       video0
    ca0        ca2        demux0     demux2     demux4     dvr1       dvr3       frontend0  net0       net2       net4
    root@dm500hd:~# ls /dev/dvb/adapter1/
    demux0     dvr0       frontend0  net0

Without usb inserted

Code
    root@dm500hd:~# ls /dev/dvb/adapter0/
    audio0     ca1        ca3        demux1     demux3     dvr0       dvr2       dvr4       net1       net3       video0
    ca0        ca2        demux0     demux2     demux4     dvr1       dvr3       frontend0  net0       net2       net4

Any hints?

• Which version of enigma2 do you have? Please read previous posts where there is information about Enigma2Switcher and the latest info about newest enigma2 v3.2.2

• Zitat

Originally posted by helour
    Which version of enigma2 you have? Please read previous posts where there is information about Enigma2Switcher and the latest info about newest enigma2 v3.2.2

Thanks for your help. I sorted it out.

• Hi, I'm running OpenPLi on a DM800HD and I have a Siano (as it seems) DVB-T tuner.

In the USB Tuner Setup Plugin I can see my tuner with a green status indicator, but I get a "The 'usbtuner' is running for 0 device(s)' above that and I can't see it in my Tuner Configuration menu.
    Finally, if I restart my dreambox, it doesn't boot at all. It hangs with the LCD screen indicating
    "dhcp...
    /flash/vmlinux.gz"
    and stays there forever with the only solution being to reflash the box...

• The Usbtuner plugin leaves satbox boot - second stage bootloader - vmlinux.gz intact. Problem is probably somewhere in your box or in your image. The change of the second state loader from 83 to 84 or 85 can makes problems.

• I have the #84B second stage bootloader installed with the image. I only get the problem when using the 0.7.3 version. If i install version 0.4.3b everything works pretty well (apart from some picture freezes and overloads that make the box inoperable)

• Zitat

Original von thermosiphonas

Yeah. So?

No further support - neither here nor from DMM...
    Maybe you buy an authentic one next time - and not any clone bullshit.

• Zitat

Original von thermosiphonas
    Doesn't say it's for original dreamboxes only

Quote from board rules:
    "Sat-Receiver and Dream Multimedia Images / Sat-Receiver of other manufactor.

IHAD is a board for the boxes and images of the company Dream Multimedia. Boxes of other manufacturers and also images of other boxes will not be discussed or supported here. Such threads/posts can be edited or closed or deleted by the team. Users owning so called "Clones" of the Dreamboxes and are trying to get support or help here, can be deleted immediately."

need glasses?