usbTuner (multiple tuners on dm800) v0.7.3 ipk package (all new images) + GUI plugin

• Please set em28xx (load modules script). Bold red are my additions

now output is

now to check if tuner is visible

• one of the things I noticed is, insmod tuner-xc2028.ko is completely ignoring the firmware load.
    I tried using insmod tuner-xc2028.ko firmware_name=anything to nothing including correct firmware name and output is the same...

• Hi I have the Hauppauge WinTV-mini Stick Digital Terrestrial TV which I can not get to run! put file into but there was no driver harder. do not know if you can or how to possibly make the driver windowsom to "cow" file to the box!

• Hi.

Just to let you know guys...
    I'm working on a new version that will be compatible with dm800se, will not contain modules in the ipk and will give you options to download them automatically.
    It will require additional package to be installed prior the installation and will modify one of the startup scripts.

Thanks to this it should work on all future kernels as long as the API for DVB/vtunner doesn't change.

I will release it at some point - I just gotta put it up all together and test.

• Zitat

Originally posted by h_o_m_e_r_
    Did I do something wrong, or is dm800se support not ready yet?

Due to the fact that this package no longer supplies modules it should work on dm800se as well.
    Just make sure you have drivers and firmware installed.

Did you get any error during installation ?

• Zitat

Did you get any error during installation ?

# ipkg install usbtuner_0.5.1_dm800.ipk
    Collected errors:
    * Packages for usbtuner found, but incompatible with the architectures configured
    * Cannot find package usbtuner.

Apparently the architecture of the package is still set to DM800. But there is a workaround. I had to add "arch db800 22" to /etc/opkg/arch.conf. Then it installed just fine.

Unfortunately I couldn't find any em28xx driver. So I'm back to square one.

Anyway, thanks for your work!

• using openpli

these are the modules to install

using OpenPli 2.0

• Does anyone know if the PCTV nanoStick T2 (290e) is supported ?

This the first DVB-T2 USB, I'd like to install it on my 8k, I'm quite willing to buy it and experiment if there's a chance it may work. Evidently in windows it uses BDA drivers.

Thanks for any info.

This link may be useful too http://stevekerrison.com/290e/index.html

Zitat

The device dismantled reasonably easily with a flat-headed screwdriver. There are two PCBs sandwiched together. The "top" PCB contains an NXP TDA18271HDC2 tuner.

Zitat

The "bottom" PCB contains an Empia em28174 controller chip and Sony CXD2820R demodulator. The eagle-eyed amongst you will notice the silkscreen contains the message "HastaLaVista_pcb2". The consequences of observing this fact remain to be seen.

• It is not good idea to download all modules (ipk files) and install all firmware files too, because you exactly know which modules and firmwares you need for the current usb tuner. Look at your old loaddtt.sh file, or use lsmod command.
    I know, there is one big problem, you have to maintain list all needed modules for all available usb tuners, and it is not simple task for one people...

The sat-box is not a linux PC, sometimes you don't have enough space in the flash.

PS: Now, I have to uninstall all unnedeed v4l-* packages from my box.

• Zitat

Originally posted by helour
    It is not good idea to download all modules (ipk files) and install all firmware files too, because you exactly know which modules and firmwares you need for the current usb tuner. Look at your old loaddtt.sh file, or use lsmod command.
    I know, there is one big problem, you have to maintain list all needed modules for all available usb tuners, and it is not simple task for one people...

The sat-box is not a linux PC, sometimes you don't have enough space in the flash.

PS: Now, I have to uninstall all unnedeed v4l-* packages from my box.

The download procedure WARNS you that it will download ALL modules and that it will take this amount of space.
    You can choose N there to stop it.

If you don't want to download all modules - just download and installs the ones you need and don't use this method.
    It has been implemented for users who don't know how to selectively find out what modules are required.

• hi guys ,i have a problem i do have DVB_T tuner Afatech AF9015
    with usbtuner_0.4.3b_dm800 everything OK tuner works and is recognised
    but when i m trying to install usbtuner_0.5.3_all
    i am getting this

* iCVS Image *
    * http://www.i-have-a-dreambox.com *

welcome on your dreambox!
    Kernel 2.6.18-7.4-dm800 (#1 Mon Mar 28 08:46:47 CEST 2011).
    dm800 login: root
    root@dm800:~# ipkg install /tmp/usbtuner_0.5.3_all.ipk
    Installing usbtuner (0.5.3) to root...
    Configuring usbtuner
    Adding system startup for /etc/init.d/restartDtt.sh.
    Checking for -b support in modprobe... OK.
    Checking for patched /etc/init.d/modutils.sh...not patched.
    Patching /etc/init.d/modutils.sh...Done.
    Searching for tuners...Done.
    Found: dvb-usb-af9015 !
    Adding dvb-usb-af9015 to the config file (/etc/dtt.devices)...Done.
    dvb-usb-af9015 already blacklisted in /etc/modprobe.conf.
    Backing up Enigma2 script...Done.
    Patching Enigma2...Done.
    FATAL: Module dvb_usb_af9015 not found.
    All done but modprobe dvb-usb-af9015 did not return 0 wich may mean that the dri
    ver for your module could not be loaded.
    You need to install drivers for your tuner.
    You can try to call this script like that: download_drivers to install all v4l
    drivers.
    If you have already ran the above and modprobe still fails you may require a fir
    mware file which is not provided in opkg's repositories.
    Check /var/log/messages or dmesg for errors.
    root@dm800:~#

lsusb gives me

root@dm800:~# lsusb
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 15a4:9016 Afatech Technologies, Inc. AF9015 DVB-T USB2.0
    stick
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 058f:6387 V550 Transcend JetFlash Flash Drive
    Bus 003 Device 000: ID 0000:0000 CD-R/RW Drive
    Bus 002 Device 000: ID 0000:0000 CD-R/RW Drive
    Bus 001 Device 000: ID 0000:0000 CD-R/RW Drive
    root@dm800:~#

i do have all drivers and firmware installed ofcourse
    what i am doing wrong,
    thanx

• download_modules procedure downloads/installs only the modules provided by your Image's feed. Is af9015 available in your ipkg (ipkg list|grep af9015).
    SImple modprobe af9015 will give you some error, or not. If not dmesg after it may show u some more info.
    Firmware for it may be missing from the ipk I attached to the 1st post If so - please let me know.

• when i am installing drivers for AF9015,they goes into diferent directories
    /lib/modules/2.6.18-7.4-dm800/kernel/drivers/media/common/tuners/
    /lib/modules/2.6.18-7.4-dm800/kernel/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-usb/
    /lib/modules/2.6.18-7.4-dm800/kernel/drivers/media/dvb/frontends/

dm800)
    opkg update
    opkg install v4l-dvb-module-dvb-usb-af9015 v4l-dvb-module-mxl5005s v4l-dvb-module-mxl5007t v4l-dvb-module-mc44s803 v4l-dvb-module-mt2060 v4l-dvb-module-qt1010 v4l-dvb-module-tda18271 v4l-dvb-module-dvb-usb v4l-dvb-module-af9013 v4l-dvb-module-dvb-pll

firmware i am using yuors

yuors directory in loaddttmodules.sh is DRVDIR=/lib/modules/dvbt

so, it seems to me, drivers are not loading corectly,i was trying to move them in to
    DRVDIR=/lib/modules/dvbt also not working

i am instaling drivers, then yuors firmware, then restrting enigma,then ipkg update, then module-init-tools and usbtuner,everything goes OK,
    after restart of enigma i can see Tuner,
    but after Reboot ,tuner is not there anymore.
    that is for all 0.5.x versions,
    with 0.4.3b version is OK tuner works fine
    thnax

• with firmware is everything OK
    when i am loading drivers (it takes very long ) they are instaled in diferent directories,
    but not in to /lib/modules/dvbt
    as is in loaddttmodules.sh

i was doing that with experimental,with ICVS and Ozoon images
    when program asks that i need to install modules

• Zitat

Originally posted by skirmas
    ... they are instaled in diferent directories, but not in to /lib/modules/dvbt

Dont worry. It's standard (normal) linux behaviour. The "modprobe" command in the loaddtt.sh script recognizes "new directory location" and load all required drivers (modules) even from others directories.

The line "DRVDIR=/lib/modules/dvbt" is only relict, modprobe doesn't use it and can be deleted.

Are you copied "older" firmware from previous link to proper directory? Because many afatech usb dvbt devices simply doesn't work with the newest "unofficial" firmware, like my windfast leadtek too. After it you have to restart box (not only enigma). If there are still problem try plug off the box and after while switch on - it's work for me.