AutoTimer Problem

• Hi pcd,

I have the problem that the setup of the AutoTimer plugin that you included in your 3.1 and 4.1 pcd images does not work.

What did i do:
    1.) Fresh install of pcd 4.1 image
    2.) Increase memory to hdd
    3.) Call AutoTimer plugin
    4.) Press menu
    5.) Choose Setup
    6.) I get a green screen, see the attached crash log.

I want to setup AutoTimer because I have the problem that the plugin works correctly (when pressing save, the timers are added) but does not automatically add timers... :frowning_face:

Can you help me?

Thanks & Best Regards,
    Stefan

• Yes, this image comes with Vali's King Size Skin as default. I also tried the second skin which is pre-installed, named "default skin" - same problem.

Am I right, that AutoTimer itself should refresh its timers automatically? Or do I need another plugin for refreshing the timers?

Thanks,
    Stefan

• You can delete all AutoTimer entries in the skin.xml of used skin.
    Example from: <screen name="AutoTimerSettings"......
    to : </screen>
    is one Screen from Autotimer, but you have more screens from AutoTimer but it's call all <screen name="AutoTimer???????"
    Then you have the default skin from the Plugin.

When you think it's to difficult to edit for you, post me the whole skin.xml from your skin. (you can find the skin.xml on /usr/share/enigma2/NAME_OF_THE_SKIN ) and i will edit for you....it's only a work for 2-3 minutes. :winking_face:

And you are right, AutoTimer can refresh your timer automatically when you allow this in the setup of your timerentry in AutoTimer.
    Or AutoTimer search and set some timers by the rules that you set.

(sorry for my bad englisch and the late answer ;))

• Hi Swiss-MAD,

ich schätze mal, wir könnten uns der Einfachheit halber auf Deutsch bzw. Schwitzer-Dütsch unterhalten. :winking_face:
    Hab mich nur der Forensprache bzw. pcd's Muttersprache angepasst.

Mit XML kenn ich mich aus, bin selber SW-Entwickler und hab jeden Tag damit zu tun, danke fürs nette Angebot. Du meinst also, ich muss alle AutoTimer screen Elemente aus dem skin.xml entfernen? Warum? Warum soll das helfen, das hab ich noch nicht ganz verstanden... :winking_face:

Danke & LG aus Wien,
    Stefan

Edit: Habe mir gerade das skin.xml aus dem Default-Skin Verzeichnis unter /usr/share/enigma2/<skinname> angesehen: Da gibt es keine Einträge zu AutoTimer....

• Jedes Plugin hat auch seinen eigenen Skin drin.
    Schau dir mal die Python Files an, da gibt es dann einen XML Teil für den Skin.
    Und der sollte immer funktionieren weil das ja im Plugin drin ist.

Installierst du dir einen Skin der die selben screen namen des Plugins beinhaltet, habe die Vorrang und werden verwendet.
    (Du kannst also den XML Teil aus dem Plugin rauskopieren in deinen Skin tun und ändern was dir nicht passt.)
    Die skin.xml im default skin ist die Basis, wenn dein verwendeter Skin einige screens nicht hat, werden die aus dem default skin genommen.
    Wenn du WIRKLICH in keiner skin.xml oder auch in der skin_user.xml keine screen Einträge vom AutoTimer Plugin hast, dann wird wohl ein Bug im Plugin selbst sein....wobei bei mir das Plugin einwandfrei seinen Dienst verrichtet.