AndroidDreamer (ANDR)-streaming in LAN and remotely over 3G/HDSPA/WIFI + vplayer support

• pozzogotto
    A new version will be posted later this evening.

hasafly
    It is not certain that vPlayer can be installed on all devices. I read somewhere that the author of vPlayer was working on a "low-profile"-version. If you are interested in streaming, you can use the VLC-option of AndroidDreamer. However, as mentioned above, you need to wait until this evening when I release a new version.

rgds,
    tilleke

• Hi,

New beta added (0.4) in first post in this thread. Only some code-changes and improved error-handling in this beta. No new features.

rgds,
    tilleke

• UPDATE: 02/01/2011 - new beta (0.45) released on Android Market. Only some code-changes - New features will be added in next releases.

Existing users might first need to uninstall previous beta on device before installing new version from Android Market. This is because the key used for signing has changed.

From now on all new versions will be distributed using Android Market.

rgds,
    tilleke

• Beta 0.47 was just released on the Android Market. Just a quick bug-fix:

[FIXED a bug, only in VLC-mode, which under certain conditions could launch the media-player before the actual streaming had started resulting in no media being showed]

rgds,
    tilleke

• Hi, after clicking channels i get a java net socket timeout exception on my huawei ideos smartphone. The file "hosts" was changed. The box is a dm7025 with actual newnigma image

• hello,

Beta 0.49 was just released on the Android Market.

-ADDED support for Https (SSL), improved error-handling, some code-changes

rgds,
    tilleke

• Hi,

From version 0.53 and newer, you can use also HTTP as transport protocol for VLC and not only RTSP (which often requires VPN). RTSP and VPN is of course still supported.

Just some notes for HTTP-streaming...

To get HTTP-streaming working, you must set up your router using portforwarding. It's written in the instructions how to set it up.

In short, using the sample-ports shown in General Settings and VLC-settings:
    -Dreambox Port (normally TCP 80) should be forwarded to the local IP-address of your Dreambox
    -VLC HTTP Port (normally TCP 8080) should be forwarded to the local IP-address of your VLC-server
    -VLC FLV Port (normally TCP 8001) should be forwarded to the local IP-address of your VLC-server

Of course, above ports are only examples. You may define your own.

I can't explain how to set up portforwarding in your router - there are too many of them. You can try this site and look for your router:

http://portforward.com

In addition, you probably need to edit the host-file as explained in the instructions.

Finally, you need a Dynamic DNS-address. For information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_DNS. Free providers of Dynamic DNS-addresses are for instance:
    http://www.dyndns.com
    http://www.no-ip.com

• I just published a new beta of ANDR (v. 0.55 of March 17, 2011) which hopefully resolves the audio-problem when streaming with certain dreambox-images. Also a quick resolution-fix included for devices running 240x320.

Change-log:
    -ANDR beta 0.55 (March 17, 2011) - Fix: Audio-issues. When streaming, with many dreambox-images, only the video would be shown but with no audio. I believe I have now fixed it. Fix: Save-button in General Settings not appearing on devices with 240x320 resolutions.

rgds,
    tilleke

• Hi,

thanks for the great applicaton. What i really dont like, is, that you put a valid date for using the app. Anyways, i have decompile your app and found a way to deactivate this.

Is there any plan, when the final release will come?

Regards
    Fywen

• While ANDR is in a beta-stage, it will always have an expiry-date because in this way I know that most feedback I receive refer to the same version. There is no need to crack ANDR - I have always released new versions before ANDR expires. Just look at Android Market for the latest version. Use another app instead without expiry-date if you prefer and you have resovled your problem.

Final release? No idea. ANDR is a hobby-project and when I find some free time, I work on ANDR. Lately I have been very busy and haven't simply found the time necessary. In any case, I have started re-writing ANDR from scratch since the current version of ANDR was mostly meant to see if I could get streaming working and that's the reason why it lacks many other features. However, the new ANDR will have much more features. You just need to have some more patience.

• i have my new phone android for 2 weeks now and not really find a application, which give me the possabiltiy to stream over the enigma 1 and vlc. your application runs pretty good for me, thanks for the really good work.

Yes, you are right if you say crack but i will not give this away and will buy for shure your application if there is a final release. I will not spend any time and work to crack the final version because i know and i see how much time you allready spend.

regards
    Fywen

• Beta Version expired on 15.Mai. 2011

Please give us a new version off this great programm. i love direktstreaming through WIFI witout use off VLC!

great great Androidtool for Dreambox, but sadly expired yesterday!

greetings from Austria

Paratwa

KTM SMT 990 (!!) :winking_face: , KTM LC4 Adventure98, EIBD & LINKNX, AVR 3808, Panasonic TX-P42VT20, Sony Bravia 32" ( :frowning_face: ), Carrera D132 (35m) ....

• Great!

many thanx!

- do you have a "donation-button" somewhere ?
    - for good Products i'm always open and happy to pay a few bucks as a "contribution-fee" :)

greetings

Paratwa

KTM SMT 990 (!!) :winking_face: , KTM LC4 Adventure98, EIBD & LINKNX, AVR 3808, Panasonic TX-P42VT20, Sony Bravia 32" ( :frowning_face: ), Carrera D132 (35m) ....

• New ANDR beta (0.57 of May 17, 2011) published on Android Market.

Sorry for delay in updating. Now ANDR is good until August 15, 2011 while I continue developing the new version (from scratch).

Change-log:
    -ANDR beta 0.57 (May 17, 2011) - Added some Dreambox-commands such as Restart, Reboot, Shutdown and others.

rgds,
    tilleke

• Is it possible to get also the recorded movies in AndroidDreamer? It would be for me a really great feature.

• I think so.....but that will be available in the new version which I am currently writing.

rgds,
    tilleke

Zitat

Original von Jurek9
    Is it possible to get also the recorded movies in AndroidDreamer? It would be for me a really great feature.