DM7020 Enigma2 Enigma1 Combined Image Pcd 4.1

• I want to try this image, using Barry Allen and a USB stick. What do you recommend to install in the flash ? Maybe PCD's 3.1 , or even the dual 4.1 is ok ( without increasing memory, just to have the base for Multiboot ) ?
    Cheers,
    rollps

• Zitat

Original von rollps
    I want to try this image, using Barry Allen and a USB stick. What do you recommend to install in the flash ? Maybe PCD's 3.1 , or even the dual 4.1 is ok ( without increasing memory, just to have the base for Multiboot ) ?
    Cheers,
    rollps

Hi!

try it with an pure E1-cvs image...I have Oozoon's image in flash...

• Thanks LeoGR,
    Oozoon is a good idea ( also prefer this one for multiboot on my DM8K ),
    but I was a little bit unsure if the "old" E1 is ok for E2...but when you're also using this combination & it works I'll try the same :)
    Cheers, rollps

• Hi PCD,

I would like to ask you if there is a possibility to make some "lite" version of your great Enigma 2 image for DM7020. It could use people like me who do not use USB stick and want more free space.

My proposal is:
    --------------------
    1. Pure Enigma 2 image (without E1)
    2. Remove all addons and plugins - there is always possibility to instal them later and install only the ones I need
    3. Keep only one default skin - Vali-Kingsize with Atlantis or another one (the same possibility to install another skins)
    4. Possibillty to switch between Enigma and Neutrino remote control mode (like it is in E1 image)

Please, do not consider this proposal something like "I do not like it". The image is absolutely great, works perfect (in my opinion better than any E1 image...). I like your work very much and you did a 100 percent job.
    So please consider this proposal just like a help to make the image really lite and suitable for installing into flash without need of using USB stick.

Have a nice a day.

• Hi Mike69,

I will certainly consider your proposals. Thank you. :)

For now, with this E2E1 image - just delete /usr/bin/enigma (while you are in enigma2). And you will have 3 mb more free space in flash. Then you do not have to use hdd/usb.

Cheers, pcd.

• Hi PCD,

I am testing the new lite version of your great image.
    It looks very good, you are on a right way... :)

Let me give you some comments:
    ======================

- there is really 5,3 MB free space after installing into flash - cool
    - reference picons are working GREAT !!! - just copied to /media/usb/picon/ and everything is fine (in E1 image Gemini 4.7 reference picons are NOT WORKING...) Maybe picons could be 100x60 :winking_face:
    - there is missing Softcam manager in Extra setup
    - please, if possible, add Neutrino style behavior to remote control

- interface looks great but I have these proposals:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    - make larger icons in Extra menu - I think they could be twice larger (please check grey box under icons)
    - remove icon in Extra setup - Software - Basic pack (this one should not be there, probably)

Image is working great.
    Switching between channels is fast.
    Event progress in channel list is so cool.

This image looks very nice and is so close to be perfect. :)

Good luck, PCD and thank you.

• Hi,

Thanks for testing.

A quick reply on some items you mentioned :-

There is no softcam manager in this image. But the daemon manager is there.

There is a neutrino plugin in the server download. I don't know if it still works. Please try it.

Please explain the icon size problem. In my tv the extrasetup seems large enough. Software basic pack is not necessary for this image - but some plugins will require extra software.

Cheers, pcd.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von pcd ()

• Hi PCD,

thank you for your answer.

I tried Daemon manager but could not find any of the downloaded softcams so I did not know how to run the emu. Please can you help?

The Neutrino plugin I will certainly try and will inform you.

Regarding icon size:
    Extra setup is OK but while browsing Extra setup, on the left size the icons are displaying. Maybe it is problem only on my plasma tv but on the right side of the icon there was a grey rectangle and in my opinion the icons were a little bit small. But this is not a problem so you don´t have to take any special care of it.

I did not install Basic pack software but if you enter Extra setup - Software - Basic pack, in the middle of the screen there was a pink icon (only in this menu I saw some icon, other menus were fine) so please check it.

And I have one more question.
    How will we install softcams in the future? As you know mipsel.ipk does not work and I also tried to copy some binary files of Softcam (for E2 images) to Dream but then I could not find them in the Softcam manager - this I was trying in full 4.1 version of your image.

Thank you very much for your help and answers in advance.
    Have a nice day.

• OK,

today I will test all features deeply including Daemon manager and Daemon downloads... :)

PCD, I want to thank you for all people who will use this great working and
    great looking image. You did a great job again and I am happy that there is somebody who cares about DM7020.

Thank you very much and good luck.