Enigma2 on the good old DM500 - works by netbooting over NFS

• suomipoeka

ok .... like that ...

about your Backup ... if i want make test for local network or make default setting or any thing i got error
    and sayed the path is not wright or changed .

Because i ues dreamset to download channel to a box but i can because no ip for box :face_with_rolling_eyes:

Can you please fix it ... and if there is chance to make some tutorials for how to make backup and fix it for work in DM500s .

And i want ask you did you have scripts for unpack and repack images for DM800 , 600pvr and 7025 ??

Thank you and sorry about my questions .

Greetes
    RAED

• sss888,
    In order to do this a lot of modifications need to be made. Currently I don't have the time for that. At some point I will possible create a new image that has a newer Enigma2. Don't know when. At that point I can change the naming so that the image should also work with a WinXP NFS server.

fairbird,
    The network connection seems to be working just fine, at least for me. I'm not sure why the Enimga2 network test fails. "Ifconfig" says everything is in order.

I use Barry Allen multiboot to extract / repack .nfi images.

• Zitat

I use Barry Allen multiboot to extract / repack .nfi images.

So did you use it in this backup
    or
    in same box for example if you want to repair DM600 image use 600 box and Barry Allen plugin ???

if use repaired on linux with this backup and DM500S box ....

Please , please give to me small tutorial how to unpack and repack only .

glad to know you friend

Regards

• I used Barry Allen on DM7025 to unpack a DM500+ nfi image. I unpacked the image onto a CF card and then just copied all the needed files for this image. For binaries from Enigma1 and Enigma2 images to co-exist, one set of binaries needed to be patched. This setup could not be used for repacking the DM500+ image as Barry Allen would include the DM7025 kernel and drivers into the image.

• Zitat

I used Barry Allen on DM7025 to unpack a DM500+ nfi image. I unpacked the image onto a CF card and then just copied all the needed files for this image. For binaries from Enigma1 and Enigma2 images to co-exist, one set of binaries needed to be patched. This setup could not be used for repacking the DM500+ image as Barry Allen would include the DM7025 kernel and drivers into the image.

Thank you friend

.... so nothing new for repaering other images as like DM500s :face_with_rolling_eyes:

• suomipoeka

Anyway what is diff between E1 and E2?
    What more do you get by installing this on DM500?
    The sam question, what will I get by putting E2 on DM7000?

As far as I know the main diff is that E2 use Python for GUI, and also for writing of plugins.

Tnx.

• Whether or not one should switch from Enigma1 to Enigma2 is mostly a matter of how the device is used and what are the personal preferences. For someone who has just one Enigma1 device and also uses it for recording then it might not be a good idea. The recording performance is probably a little better at least on DM500 with Enigma1. It comes down to how much the NIC can handle..

IMHO Enigma1 has a sort of "programmer's GUI" that is not really logical. The File Mode / TV Mode distinction is quite strange and often feels like the DB is in an unknown state when switching between those modes. On Enimga2 you play a recording and then stop the playback, which is the standard pvr operation. As a whole the Enigma2 GUI feels more like it's designed for the user and not the programmer. Although partially that is due to some plugins. There are quite many plugins without I could not use the device the way I want to.

I have my DM500C in the bedroom just as a playback device (live TV and recordings). I use the PartnerBox plugin on it to directly throw timers to my two DM7025C receivers. I've also got all of my own plugins (available from my site) running on it. Currently I'm running these plugins on my DM500: CCcamInfo, CutListEditor, DialogMaster, EnhancedEPG, Enhanced MovieList, EPGRefresh, EPGSearch, GraphMultiEPG, PartnerBox (this had to be modified to run), SimpleRename.

• Hi guys
    i have FLASH WIZARD 6.3
    but it doesn't work with .FW2
    it works with .IMG
    which version does work with FW2 and know it???
    and download link please
    thanx

• ilmima,

I'm not quite sure what you mean by connecting to internet. On this image you should not try to install any plugins over internet via the GUI.

Peiman_Pn,

I used FlashWizard PRO 6.3. I think that is the newest version available.

• hi suomipoeka

this dm500-e2-FWmultiboot-20100117.fw2 thanks...
    very good works...
    but internet don't work.

my problem...
    please answer....
    good days...

****************************************************************************************
    gftp--> tmp --->enigma2-plugin-extensions-enhancedepg_0.0.5-r2_all.ipk

enigma2 for dm500------------> telnet
    ~ > ipkg install /tmp/*.ipk
    Installing enigma2-plugin-extensions-enhancedepg (0.0.5-r2) to root...
    Configuring enigma2-plugin-extensions-enhancedepg
    *** Plug-in installed.
    *** GUI restart is required to enable the plugin.
    Configuring vsftpd
    addgroup: ftp: group already in use

update-rc.d: /etc/init.d/vsftpd: file does not exist
    postinst script returned status 1
    ERROR: vsftpd.postinst returned 1
    ~ >
    **************************************************************************************

• Peiman_Pn,

The image was created with FW Pro so it does accept it.

All,

What comes to the internet part, if you are talking about the Enigma2 network test then that seems to be a common problem also with the DM600 E2 images. If you do "ping http://www.google.com" via telnet that should work anyways. At least it is working for me.

• suomipoeka

Hi friend

you sayed before this is test image .. and you will release new image later .

I want to ask you my friend when you make and release an image E2 for DM500S ?

Regards
    RAED

• Hi,

DM500 S works fine!!!

But how did you configure partnerplugin to use the dm500 as "server"?

Regards

Dominik

• Hi, just enabled the webinterface and configured partnerbox to use my dm500.
    I copied the twisted-web[2] python modules and the missing files from webinterface from gemini 4.7 image for dm800 into the plugin

Settings timers working fine, but partnerbox remote tv player doesnt work .... streamproxy is running on port 8001
    zapping via webinf works too, but the vlc link is wrong ...

Next step is to find out wich enigmaversion is in your version? an adjust the webinf

This was my last chance to record at my dm800 to hdd an watch via remote tv player twice

vtuner isnt a good idea ... record and watching at dm800 works fine but in my bedroom works nothing any more ... :)

Regards

Dominik