LiveTV on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch

• jockyw2001,

I've also tested both files.
    It does not help in Ios5, Airvideo beta6
    In both cases it stops after 4 seconds.

Did you receive any feedback from the airvideo mods ?

I'm a registered owner of Airvideo, I purchased the app.
    And I'm sure most people here have purchased the app, so we could all send them an e-mail.
    Maybe this just needs to get some more attention with them ?

• Hi Guys,

Happy I found this thread. Thank you for working on this solution.
    I am running Air Video Server ver 2.4.3 on MAC Lion.
    I have a iPhone 4 running 5.0.1
    I have followed the instructions from the beginning of the thread and placed the files in the correct places. Not sure how to make sure the ffmpeg is executable.

So I edited the first channel in the channels.ini and made sure the paths open in the browser (zap to) and the stream opens in VLC.

I added the following to channels.ini in the top of the file:

001-Canal-9.mp4
    http://192.168.5.2/web/zap?sRe…:96B:18:46:E070000:0:0:0:
    http://192.168.5.2:8001/1:0:1:96B:18:46:E070000:0:0:0:

I renamed the file in my shared folder/LiveTV/German TV/001-Ard.mp4
    to 001-Canal-9.mp4
    Should that work? It still shows Ard logo real quick in the Air Player before stopping. The channel is never changed on Dreambox.

Again the zap link in a browser changes the channel, and the stream link will stream in VLC.

This would be such a nice solution if it will work.

Does anyone have it working?

More info: For me there is nothing in the log under live conversion. The log shows something only if I stream a file.

Thanks,
    Rick

• For all those struggling to create your thumbnails - one point missing in the installaiton description: The ffmpeg.exe in the Windows Thumbnail Folder must also be the modified one, then it works perfectly.

Just either copy the logo bat in your airvideoserver folder or copy modfied ffmpeg in your Thumbnail creator folder.

---------------

Um Thumbnails zu erstellen muss ebenfalls die modifizierte ffmpeg.exe genutzt werden. Einfach diese ebenfalls im Ordner Windows Thumbnail Creator kopieren oder logo.bat und logowide.bat ins Verzeichnis eures AirVideoServers packen.

• Rick,

I am using a dbox2 but for dreambox it is recommended to use the bouuqet editor suite.

It imports your channel.ini from your dream and you can edit it and export it to your airvideoserver. It also shall encode the thumbnails.

Other than that - when editing the channel.ini manually you need the zapcodes of your box and the stream id´s of your channels, just editing these from the ARD one might by using your ip would not be enough.

How to get these infos for dreambox should be answered by somebody else.

But - try BES - shall be perfectly working.

Regards,

Phlygt

• Zitat

Originally posted by redneck eyeball
    jockyw2001,
    Did you receive any feedback from the airvideo mods ?

I contacted inmethod again and got this reply:

Zitat

Hi,

unfortunately there have been some changes in IOS 5 in regards to sliding windows playlists, I'm not sure what exactly has changed. I'm working on new pipeline, the goal (apart from many other things) is to support live streams natively.

So I am afraid we can only further wait.

Kathrein UFS910 (AAF E2)
    Dbox2 (latest Petze)

• Hi!

I tried this with Dreambox (500HD) for the first time today (I've been streaming from VDR before) and everything works fine, except that when I select a channel in Airvideo it starts playing for maybe five seconds, then it buffers and then continues and plays just fine until I press stop, but audio is a few seconds before the video.
    It bpaused in the same way with VDR, but after the pause when it buffers audio was in sync.

Does anynone know why I get this problem when I try to stream from the Dreambox?

/Boppen

• Zitat

Originally posted by jockyw2001
    I'm working on new pipeline, the goal (apart from many other things) is to support live streams natively.

Well ... that's a good thing.
    Once they support it natively we should no longer have problems with ffmpeg etc.

Can't wait for them to release an update, it's now been quite a while since iOS5 was released.

Thank you for your efforts !

• Besides inmethod working on a new version, I am working on a new platform independent solution which is similar to iDreamX.

Kathrein UFS910 (AAF E2)
    Dbox2 (latest Petze)

• Zitat

Originally posted by jockyw2001
    Besides inmethod working on a new version, I am working on a new platform independent solution which is similar to iDreamX.

This would be great. iDreamX is real nice on my MAC, but I would like to have a PC (WIN or Linux) online just for this purpose.

Look forward to what you come up with.

Rick

• Hello,

I checked it now:
    if you make the mp4-files long enough, they will play longer with ipad2 and IOS5.
    (e.g.: if it is 30 minutes long, it plays around 30minutes)

Ok, so I just asked ther developer of teh EditBouquetSuite to implement in his SW an option to create longer mp4-files.

best regards,
    Charly2mal2

DM8000 mit RGB-Display Skin=infinityHD/image=exp2011-09-06/GP3,DM7020HD, OE2.0 mit karatelight, DM7080HD

• hallo Vukadonis
    bei mir ja, aber nur wenn die MP4-Files entsprechend länger sind.
    Soll ja ein "feature" von IOS5 sein !?
    Habe das aber noch nicht mit Internet-zugriff probiert.

Für mich wäre das OK, wenns im internet klappen würde und wenn z.B. lokutus2000 seinen Bouquet editor anpassen könnte, um längere MP4-dateien zu erzeugen.

Aber wäre wirklich nal interessant, ob es wirklich überhaupt keinen gibt, bei dem es mit den alten dateien mit IOS klappt.

DM8000 mit RGB-Display Skin=infinityHD/image=exp2011-09-06/GP3,DM7020HD, OE2.0 mit karatelight, DM7080HD

• Also das Problem bei mir wenn ich die mp4 Datei auf 1 stunde mache, sind die Datei selber sehr groß und somit lädt es eine halbe Ewigkeit bis ich es überhaupt abspielen kann.
    Bei dir auch so?
    Gruß

• Hallo,

habe den Air Video Server unter Windows und das App auf meinem iPad installiert. Leider funktioniert das Streamen von Live-TV von der Dreambox nicht.

Hier die Situation:

1. Live-Streams diekt von der Dreambox 600PVR-C werden über Wlan mit OPlayer HD perfekt wiedergegen. Die Bandbreite ist im Netz also da.

2. Files auf dem PC werden über Air Video und die App perfekt wiedergegeben. Das funktioniert sowohl im Wlan als auch mit 3G.

3. Live-Streams von der Dreambox über Air Video ruckeln und brechen nach kurzer Zeit komplett ab. Ich kann die Einstellungen so weit runterdrehen wie ich will, es hilft nichts. Selbst bei 5 % Qualität läuft es keine 2 Minuten.

Ich habe es von 2 PCs probiert, einen mit Wlan angebunden, der andere mit Gigabit-Ethernet. Das Ergebnis war das gleiche. Die CPU-Auslastung der Rechner lag nie über 50 %.

Hat jemand eine Idee, was ich falsch mache?

• Ja, du hast iOS 5. Das wäre dir aber auch aufgefallen, wenn du zumindest die letzten beiden Seiten gelesen hättest :winking_face:

• Zitat

Original von Michel_04
    Ja, du hast iOS 5. Das wäre dir aber auch aufgefallen, wenn du zumindest die letzten beiden Seiten gelesen hättest :winking_face:

Du hast Recht, es ist IOS5. Aus den Post auf den letzten Seiten war ich aber auch nicht wirklich schlau geworden.

Schade, es wäre wohl zu schön gewesen um wahr zu sein. Wieder ein Stück Software, dass ich in die Tonne treten kann.