DreamForum II.v12.1-DM600PVR Enigma2

• Zitat

Originally posted by cez
    Thanks for so quick answer, but yes, actually I meant something else. I've just installed your image on HDD and I've been trying to install RS Downloader, but to make it work it needs python-compression plugin. I couldn't find the PowerPC version of it anywhere. Any ideas?

I have uploaded python-compression to the image server. Please download and install with Addon manager.

First delete file :-

/usr/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload/zlib.so

Then install python-zlib. Then you can install python-compress. :)

Cheers, pcd.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von pcd ()

• Hi PCD,

now is working. I installed a new fresh copy of your image and I'm able to record again. Your suggestion regarding the setup gave me the trick.
    Perhaps, I installed and removed any plugin or package that could affect the record function.

If discovered which one, I'll let you know.

Many thanks for your excellent support,
    regards,
    JJF.

• Hi, I've installed compression the way you advised, but when trying to install RS downloader I've got an error message (can read only a part of it) "Collected errors: ...ssion) is not avaliable from any configured src. .... to run 'ipkg update'?" I reckon it has something to do with python compression, or maybe I'm doing something wrong? I've tried it on new, clean image, and still same

cheers

• Zitat

Originally posted by jjfuertes

If discovered which one, I'll let you know.

Definitively the problem is with the addon named CC*** in both versions 2.0.11 and 2.1.4. As soon as I stop it, the recording is Ok. If it's running, both FTA and crypted channel recordings don't work.

Best regards,
    JJF.

• Zitat

Originally posted by cez
    Hi, I've installed compression the way you advised, but when trying to install RS downloader I've got an error message (can read only a part of it) "Collected errors: ...ssion) is not avaliable from any configured src. .... to run 'ipkg update'?" I reckon it has something to do with python compression, or maybe I'm doing something wrong? I've tried it on new, clean image, and still same

cheers

Hi cez,

Sorry, you also have to delete the file /usr/lib/python2.5/gzip.py -then install python-compress.

Then you should be able to install RS Downloader. Please let us know if the plugin works - then I will upload it to the image server. :)

For information - the log for ipkg install goes to /tmp/ipkg.log.

cheers, pcd.

• pcd

Is it possible to complie enigma2 for 500+?

It has the same processor and memory as 600pvr.

I could be a beta tester and I'm sure there would be many other people with 500+ who would like to have enigma 2 on their 500+.

• Please try to run the latest 600 e2 image on the 500+. Must install in multiboot.

Try to ping the box with the usual default ip given by DHCP.

Cheers, pcd.

• I have never used multiboot.

My box doesn't have usb so I'm confused.

I have a mounted hard disk of my ubuntu pc via NFS so maybe I can boot it from there. This way 500 model owners can run enigma2.

Please specify what you mean by multiboot.

• Sorry,

I was not thinking ! There is no hdd possible with the 500+.

I can try to make a 500+ enigma2 image. But I have never made this. If something goes wrong - it may damage your bootloader.

So, it will be very risky to install on flash. I am not sure if Flaswizard multiboot will work. You can try a Newnigma2 500+ e2 image on FW multiboot. If it works I can make one for you. If my image works with FW - you can then install in flash. But it will be your risk ! :)

Cheers, pcd.

• You mention flashwizard.

I thought it was just for older dreamboxes such as 500, 7000 and not for 500plus and 600.
    Are you sure it works with nfi images?

I saw that support for 500plus/600 was discontinued on newenigma2 board.

There is an enigma2 image for 500plus from 12.02.2010 so I may try this if you could point me in the right direction with flashwizard and how it works.

When you say it could damage my bootoader, are you reffering to secondstage bootloader or the main one? If it is secondstage, it is no big deal because I flash it back with dreamup and repair it.

Thank you

• Zitat

Originally posted by kalehrl
    Simply by using internet browser mozilla.

Thanks. Ok, I will make (or try to make !) an image tomorrow. :)

Cheers, pcd.

• Zitat

Originally posted by pcd

Thanks. Ok, I will make (or try to make !) an image tomorrow. :)

Cheers, pcd.

Do i understand you right.You will make an E2 image fmr DM500+?
    If so it will be very appreciated to have an other e2 image after newnigma2!

• Zitat

Originally posted by boxgott
    Do i understand you right.You will make an E2 image fmr DM500+?
    If so it will be very appreciated to have an other e2 image after newnigma2!

Hi boxgott,

I will try to make an image using a similar method to the 600 e2 image. Normally experimental images should first be tested on multiboot. But I understand the 500+ does not have any internal or external harddisk or usb etc. I do not know how risky it will be to try it on flash.

Do you have any experience ?

Cheers, pcd.

• I saw on newenigma2 upload for 500+ no warning concerning e2 image for 500+. The worse thing that could happen is that box doesn't boot and that it cannot be flashed via browser. We could then flash it using dreamup and everything should be OK then. I don't think any image could destroy the box completely so that it could not be recovered using dreamup.

Why would I want an e2 image for my 500+?
    I am subscribed to Total Tv package from Serbia.
    A couple of months ago picture started to freeze occasionally; we get small glitches which do not last long but they are frequent and very annoying. After some of them audio/video becomes desynchronised. On one channel - Sport Klub Croatia the box freezes completely after a dozen seconds. Funny thing is, enigma2 boxes are not affected.
    I reported this problem on dream-multimedia forum but they don't give a damn for enigma1 any more.
    http://www.dream-multimedia-tv…age=Thread&threadID=11677

So the only option for me is to have e2 on 500+ or buy a new e2 dreambox.

• Hello pcd
    I dont know how risky it will be.(probably as kale wrote should not be a problem there)But i know that that there is/was an E2 image-newnigma2 that worked good on dm500+ and i know that this image was not tested from image maker because they did not have such a box.
    Probably they did using a similar method to the dm600!

• All newer Dreamboxes have a secondstage bootloader:
    DM500+, 500HD, 600, 800, 7020, 7025 and 8000
    If something goes wrong while flashing or there is a fault in the image,
    its no problem.
    Just re-flash the Dreambox, and its up and running.

There are some images where the image-team have removed the Web browser flashing.
    Then you need to use DreamUp to re-flash the Dreambox.

• Hi,

hab jetzt mal meine uralte DM600 versucht mit diesem Image übers WebIF zu flashen...
    geht das überhaupt wenn die in den systeminfos das hat:
    Dreambox Second Stage Loader BUILD #53, built 20070827
    Oder muss ich da den Bootloader erst updaten?
    Jedenfalls sagt sie 100% finished, aber jetzt blinkt sie rot grün in unterschiedlichen wiederholungen...
    Vermute mal es hat nicht geklappt?

[edit]: nach stromtrennen und neustart läuft sie :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: jetzt muss ich nur noch das no internet problem in den griff bekommen...

öhm, was sind eigentl die logindaten fuer ssh mit dem image?

grüsse,
    bigcheese