DreamForum II.v11.0-DM600PVR Enigma2

• Hi Friends,

Here is a new image from the DreamForum-II team.

Includes : Enigma2_2.6 of 090801

Default skin : Kerni BrushedAlu-HD modified for this image.

Can be installed in flash or on multiboot.

If installing in flash - after language selection - exit Wizard and telnet these commands :-

Code
    init 4 
    killall -9 enigma2 
    cp -r  /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions /media/hdd
    rm -r  /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions
    ln -sfn /media/hdd/Extensions /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions 
    cp -r /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages /media/hdd
    rm -r /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages
    ln -sfn /media/hdd/site-packages /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages 
    init 3

Important :-

Before downloading items from the server - go to :-

Menu - Extra Setup - Install download software

and install the 3 items.

Features :

Softcam manager
    Cifs/Nfs automount
    Script manager
    7-day epg
    Pmt-tmp
    Crond
    Picon
    and more .........

Available plugins -

vlcplayer
    Youtubeplayer
    musicvideos
    myspaceviewer
    barryallen.v4.6.56
    webinterface.v2.6
    tuxtxt
    cccaminfo
    permanentclock
    mediacenter.v0.92
    dreamexplorer.v1.5
    graphmultiepg
    epg2cf
    epg2usb
    enigma2-plugin-extensions-skintransp_0.4.0
    googlemaps_2
    mosaic_2.6cvs20090407
    webcamviewer-pictureviewer
    enigma2-plugin-extensions-autotimer
    enigma2-plugin-extensions-emailclient
    enigma2-plugin-extensions-epgsearch
    enigma2-plugin-extensions-orf
    enigma2-plugin-extensions-zdfmediathek
    More plugins to come....

Regards, pcd.

Download from Database

• Hi Friends !

Anybody tested this image yet ?

Is it working ok ?

We have more items we can add to the image - if anybody wants. Please post your suggestions/requirements here. :)

For your information - the TestImage will not be updated any more. My sincere thanks to all its users, betatester and advisers in the past !

:danke:

Cheers, pcd.

• Hi

Short answer - NO...

Enigma crashes by try to download a cam.
    Only BA is shown in the plugin list, by entering the plugin list, a popup is shown - not all plugins are available...

Sorry for trying so late, I have some work this week...

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von stibbich ()

• Hi stibbich,

(1) Please see in post 1 :-

"Before downloading items from the server - go to :-

Menu - Extra Setup - Install download software."

Did you install the 3 software items ?

(2) I am still surprised you got a crash ! What did you exactly do ?

(3) Can you scan ok with cable ?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers, pcd.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von pcd ()

• Hi

I´m seriously blind...

In big letters it is also written in the image...

After installing all 3 items it works nice...

Yes, cable-scan works fine too. Perfect! Nice image!

• Installation:
    Worked like a charm. Even the Cable Scan did work perfect.
    Switching Channels is fast. I like that. Overall this image seems to have potential. But there are still some small bugs.

Errors i found so far:
    Installing the "lt-chromeline-cobolt-mod-tunhj1" Skin from the download Panel resulted in a "No space left on device" error. I guess it wanted to install the skin to the flash. The Mountpoints i had to do after installation are not resistant to a Dreambox reset. May that be the reason? After installing a 2nd Skin the whole thing went boom. The Image detonated.

I found no way to activate a installed Skin.

The Menu for the "Standard Settings" is going to freeze the DM (you can hear the TV in background but you will not be able to close the menu screen again). If you enter the Standard Settings, you will see a Menu showing "Deutsch" but there is no way to leave it. Exit Button and Red Button don't work. A Reboot is the only thing which works.

Keep up the good work. I am looking forward to the next fixes.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Currywurst ()

• Hello Currywurst,

Thank you for your report.

(1) I had no problem with download and install of the "lt-chromeline-cobolt-mod-tunhj1" skin. I tried that with the image in multiboot.

Did you install the image in flash ? In that case, did you do the special telnet commands (see Post 1) ?

In flash - the image is very tight for space. This is an issue for the 600 and the 7020 with the new enigma2 development - nothing to do with the image in particular.

(2) The exit from the Menu - Setup - Default settings window is with 'OK'

Is that the window you are referring to ?

Cheers, pcd.

• Zitat

Did you install the image in flash ? In that case, did you do the special telnet commands (see Post 1) ?

Yes. I did install it in flash and used the commandlines you provided in your 1st post. After that i downloaded the 3 Programms, ran through the Setup Wizard and after that i rebooted the Dreambox. Aftter Reboot i downloaded a Skin (the one with Blue in his name. Dont remember which it was) and right after that i tried to download "lt-chromeline-cobolt-mod-tunhj1". I got a greenscreen, telling me that there is no space left on Device.

So i guess the commands from Post 1 were not resistant to a complete Dreambox restart.

Zitat

(2) The exit from the Menu - Setup - Default settings window is with 'OK' Is that the window you are referring to ?

Yes, that is it. I was not able to leave this Menu at all.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Currywurst ()

• skinns are not in the Extensions directory, so the approach to link it to the harddisk doesn't help in this case, you would need to install the entire image on the harddisk with Barry Allen to prevent space problems

• Currywurst

Yes - gutemine is correct - as usual.

Also - unlike Extensions - it is not realistic to send skins to hdd and softlink to them.

The only solution when the image is installed in flash - is to delete any skin you don't like (go to Default skin first) before downloading another.

Cheers, pcd.

• Ah i see.

Wouldn't it make sense to insert something like a routine which checks if the image is installed in the flash (just in case that this is possible) and then deny to install further skins? I guess a lot of people are running into this trap, when they use the E² Image in Flash.

• Zitat

Originally posted by Currywurst
    Ah i see.

Wouldn't it make sense to insert something like a routine which checks if the image is installed in the flash (just in case that this is possible) and then deny to install further skins? I guess a lot of people are running into this trap, when they use the E² Image in Flash.

The problem is not only for skin - anything will cause trouble if the available memory is low.

That is why I put in a memory check in :-

Menu - Extra setup - More - Memory.

There you will see the available memory in % and size.

Perhaps I should draw users' attention to it. Or, better still, put in a warning in the download routine that memory is low !

Cheers, pcd.

• Zitat

Perhaps I should draw users' attention to it. Or, better still, put in a warning in the download routine that memory is low !

Indeed that would make sense and would prevent Dumbasses like me from crashing the image right into the next wall :winking_face:

Or a routine that replaces the installed ksin with the downloaded. So that you always have 1 Skin on the Box. If you download a new one, your old one will be deleted to make space for the new.

Another option would be to export Skins and Stuff over to the HD. I remember that this was possible on the Dbox2 with PB Enigma. Isn't it possible to do the same on E²?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Currywurst ()

• well, the real problem ist that unionfs and squashfs seem to have problem beeing properly compiled for the PowerPC architecture, because then the images would be compressable as on the 7025

If somebody is interested I have sucessfully compiled the CompFused filesystem (which uses normal fuse) for mipsel which allows to compress parts of the image (like Plugins or skin directory) as a simple alternative.

Compression rate is not bad - up to almost 70% of what squashfs would give - with the advantage of beeing writeable.

If somebody would try to compile it for PowerPC I could create a plugin which allows you to CompFuse these directories instead of placing them our of Flash.

But if there is interest then we would better create a CompFuse Thread in the Bastelstube - if somebody wants to play with it I can post a mipsel ipk for testing how (good) it works.

See http://www.biggerbytes.be/ for more info on CompFused.

And my plugins2hdd ipk does more or less the same as you suggest manually, you could easily create a sind2hdd ipk which then could be included in the dependencies of the skin ipks to make sure they go to the harddisk as soon as an extra skin is installed.

Ciao
    gutemine

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von gutemine ()

• GuteMine

Hi,

I would like to try the CompFused filesystem for PowerPC.

Where do I start ? If you can guide me - I will have a go !

But, at the end - if available memory is low someone will crash the image by downloading emus, picon and settings !

Regards, pcd.

• wir basteln am CompFused Filesystem herum ....

Here I created a Thread for playing with CompFused.

And yes, if the image gets full it will always hang/crash - but this is the same on every box - earlier or later :)

Only the Freeze Plugin with unionfs or Barry Allen with Multiboot can give you really lots of free space, but CompFused maybe could help that images are not already almost full when you flash them

Ciao
    gutemine

• Ich drück Euch die Daumen, Jungs.
    Schade das ich seit dem C64 absolut keine Peilung vom Programmieren habe.

• Zitat

Originally posted by gutemine
    [ could help that images are not already almost full when you flash them

After sending Extensions and site-packages to hdd about 2.4 mb are left - but then if anybody adds 3 skins of about 1 mb each ..............:D

• Zitat

Originally posted by pcd

After sending Extensions and site-packages to hdd about 2.4 mb are left - but then if anybody adds 3 skins of about 1 mb each ..............:D

thanx m8;
    good job
    more grease to those elbows of yours

concerning memory; what about swapfile on hdd???
    maybe that would boost memory??
    don't kill me: just throw out the idea if it is not an idea.

once more, thanx for the good image.