Dvb Subtitle

• DVB sub do not show up when txt or dvb subtitle selected. I have tried GSUB and Bulztext too.
    I can select dvb or txt subtitle, but they do not show up.
    Same with DVBViewer. So I sent a sample file to DVBViewer team and in 2 days they fix the problem.
    So I suppose it could be done with Dream500 image too.
    I have seen other complaints here in this forum, with no solution.
    How can I contact the developers ?
    I can upload a sample (ts file) if needed.
    This problem occurs with all channels with dvb subtitles (picture sub).
    And in all my boxes: DGStatio Mutant 200s (Gemini 4.4) and Dreambox 500S (Pli Jade3).
    Thanks in advance.

Subtitle data (with dvbviewer transedit):

ES PID="2141" Name="DVB Subtitles"
    StreamType HValue="0x06" Name="Private Data PES (ITU-T Rec. H.222.0 | ISO/IEC 13818-1)"
    Descriptor HValue="0x59" Name="Subtitling"
    SubtitleType Value="16" Name="DVB subtitles (normal)"
    Language String="spa" />
    CompositionPageID Value="2"
    AncillaryPageID Value="2"

• :face_with_rolling_eyes: ???

DVB subtitles works fine and without any problem in gemini 4.30 and newer versions (and in gemini 4.60 txt subtitles also). On which providers do you have problems with subtitles ?

• The problem is with SKY Brasil. And with some regular channels in South America. I think the problem can occur in North America too. I tried to view Manegement TV (Intel 805 - currently FTA), and there are no subs. With dvbviewer I can see them...

• I really dont know where the problem is, here in europe dvb subtitles work very fine. Here are the few screenshot with portugese and greek subtitles from Travel Channel on Sirius 5E which broadcasts in many languages and with many various subtitles

Did you setup your dreambox correctly to show dvb subtitles? You must press "audio" button, then few times "down" to put the bar where writes "no subtitles" and then with left/right button you select desired subtitle language and in the end you confirm your choice with button "OK"

P.S. My image is gemini 4.60 and box is DM600

• I have some new information. Maybe can help...

Notes from DVBViewer change log (fix for subtitles):

Add: DVBSubtitles: Added support for plain text DVB Subtitles. Thanks elber for providing samples

Add: DVBSubtitles: Added support for 2 bit DVB Subtitles. Thanks elber for providing samples

I have tried several softwares to play the recordings from satellite channels. Only two were able to show substitles up: DVBViewer PRO (dvb and txt) and VLC (only dvb). Watching alive, DVBViewer can display subtitles. (after the fix).

And, sure, my Dreambox settings are correct.

• Zitat

Original von erbipjrAnd, sure, my Dreambox settings are correct.

Then only help for you is to go to DMM official board http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/board/ (gemini team has nothing with this) and search for user dbluelle (he is official dreambox enigma developer) and beg him to correct this issue. Apparently SKY Brazil has something which is non-standard in his dvb-subtitles broadcasting

• Attached recording with 2 subtitle streams (txt and dvb).
    You can try to play this file, you will see no sub.
    To see dvb sub, play it using VLC.
    To see txt sub, I used DVBViewer PRO.
    I can not find another software that cand handle these subs...
    Please use MediaInfo to see 2 subtitle streams inside the file.
    I will contact the user you directed me.
    thanks.

• Zitat

Original von erbipjr
    Attached recording with 2 subtitle streams (txt and dvb).
    You can try to play this file, you will see no sub.

Yes, you are right, i put your TS on HD in my dreambox an there are no subtitles. Obviously in brasil is used differrent norm for displaying subtitles then in europe....

• I have news. I posted a topic in Dream-multimedia-tv. Now I got the following reply:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    ' I've commited a patch to the CVS which fixes the DVB-Subtitles.
    The plain-text subtitles are not (yet) supported, sorry
    (I have not found any documentation about how these subtitles should be decoded and displayed )
    dbluelle'
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am not good with programming, but I think the patch is done (dvb subtitles, not txt). I do not know what to do now. Maybe a new image with the patch, or a new compilation...
    What come next ?
    Thanks.

• Zitat

Original von erbipjrI am not good with programming, but I think the patch is done (dvb subtitles, not txt). I do not know what to do now. Maybe a new image with the patch, or a new compilation... What come next ?

Now you must beg image makers such as gemini team to build new gemini 4.70 based on latest changes in enigma source made by dbluelle

• sorry to revive the topic I also have same issue ! with yes package 4w
    I compile an cvs image ! with lastest patches ! also my favorite image is 4.7 gemini ... does not works also
    I am still using dm500 !

:smiling_face_with_sunglasses: DM500s / DVB2000 / SkystarHD / Humax5400
    MAC pro,Quad Xeon2.8GHz ,2GB ECC,2TB