3G USB modems with DM800/8k?

• Hello. I want to make working my USB 3G modem with dm8000 but have a problem with correct modem detection. Now it detected by GP 4.0 like USB MASS STORAGE. For switch VID PID to correct one I need usb_modeswitch compiled for mipsel arc...
    Sources here http://www.draisberghof.de/usb…_modeswitch-0.9.5.tar.bz2

Thanks in advance.

• usb_modeswitch compiled by you run ok on dm8000!!!! :einschenken: Can you explain me how you compile it? I have make "bitbake devshell", then run devshell and run compile.sh...Whats wrong? :winking_face:

10x thanks!!

• in the devshell you moust set the path for includes and lib

Code
    mipsel-linux-gcc -I ../../build/tmp/staging/mipsel-linux/include/ -l usb -L ../../build/tmp/staging/mipsel-linux/lib/ -o usb_modeswitch usb_modeswitch.c
  • After usb_modeswitch modem is detected, but no devices like /dev/ttyUSB0..2 created :loudly_crying_face: :loudly_crying_face:

here is dmesg from my laptop :

this is Dreambox :

Any idea how to make it working?

• No ideas? :loudly_crying_face: :loudly_crying_face: Looks like usbserial not work correct..

cat /proc/bus/usb/devices

• Sorry to say, but you mostly need special driver files for the serial port as far as it's not a "normal" serial port.
    The maximum port speed is far above "regular" RS232-serial ports (max. 115200 kbaud = 92160 kbit/s at 8 databits, no parity, 1 stopbit) and in so far needs special drivers. The other thing is that the port speed is changed dynamically while the connection is established. Your usb modem uses 2 different ports for communication and control messages - this is mostly not supported by "normal" modem drivers.

So maybe you think of getting an UMTS router (like the Huawai E960, branded as T-Mobile web'n'walk Box IV).