HOWTO use vlcf final

• First we need to get a plugin called VLC FrontEnd installed on the dreambox, it might already be there; check under blue panel - plugins. If it is not there, install it by doing the following.

How to install VLCf (VLC Frontend)
    - Press Blue button
    - Choose Addons(2)
    - Confirm option Gemini-server
    - Search for Plugins
    - Install VLCF

This new VLC Frontend works slightly different. It is downloaded and installed in the same way as the earlier versions, but configuring it is a bit more easy.
    There is now a file called vlcf_original.xml in /var/tuxbox/config/. It opens the possibility to configure more than one streaming server (up to 4) using only this one config file as opposed to changing config-files on earlier versions of VLCF.

As you can see, the config file is put together by 4 config sets. set1, set2, set3 and set4. These will be reflected in the VLCF application on the dreambox as you can configure the frontend to use either of these 4 sets.

important : u have to rename vlcf_original.xml to vlcf.xml

VLC for Windows:
    Start VLC on the PC.
    Select File - Open Network Stream (Ctrl-N)
    - check Stream/Save and click Settings
    - check HTTP
    - check Video codec and select mp2v from the dropdown list.
    - check Audio codec and select mpga from the dropdown list.
    - click Ok
    - click Ok
    -Now, activate the WebInterface (WEBIF) by selecting Settings - Add Interface - Web Interface from the VLC menu.

Now it is time to start the VLC frontend on the dreambox and set it up to use the correct xml file. Start VLC frontend plugin by starting blue panel (blue button on the remote) and selecting Plugins. VLC Frontend will show up as a plugin, select it and press Ok.

VLC frontend is now started, select settings (blue button).
    In the dropdown list, select the xml file you created earlier, movieplayer_My_Server.xml.
    Then select Switch.
    You will now be told to restart VLC Frontend; do this by using the exit button until you are back at the plugins page.
    Now start VLC Frontend again.
    Use the red button (File).
    You will now be able to see the movie files that is in the folder specified as startdir in the xml file.
    Select the file you'd like to watch and press Ok.
    Then wait for the buffering to complete, sit back and enjoy the movie...

• Zitat

In the dropdown list, select the xml file you created earlier, movieplayer_My_Server.xml.

In your post you speaks & explains the file vlcf.xml, you do not mention to create an other file movieplayer_My_Server.xml

Would you mind, please, explain:
    1. The name- may it be f. ex movieplayer_1.xml
    2. The content of that file
    3. The location of that file- /var/etc/ or /var/tuxbox/config/

Thank you

• Zitat

Original von LOURO70
    Thanks for the HOWTO :winking_face:

Bei mir klappt alles außer der Ton, was kann es sein?

Hallo,

habe auch keine Ton.
    Bild ist nach langem hin und her da (Windows Vista :grinning_squinting_face: ), wobei es manchmal nicht lange dauert und vlc abstürzt :frowning_face:

Gruß,
    Marc

• Zitat

<server name="set1" ip="192.168.1.10" (Where IP stands for Dreambox IP) webif-port="8080" stream-port="9090" user="admin" pass="admin" /> <!-- I edited this line, you can use max 4 server and config sets -->
    <server name="set2" ip="192.168.178.93" (Where IP stands for PC or Lap-Top) webif-port="8080" stream-port="9090" user="admin" pass="admin" />
    <server name="set3" ip="192.168.178.94" (Where IP stands for PC or Lap-Top) webif-port="8080" stream-port="9090" user="admin" pass="admin" />
    <server name="set4" ip="192.168.178.25" (Where IP stands for PC or Lap-Top) webif-port="8080" stream-port="9090" user="admin" pass="admin" />

I believe this is the right way to do it ?!

• Zitat

Original von LOURO70
    Genau die gleiche Konstelation und die gleichen Probleme habe ich auch :smiling_face_with_horns:

Kann Jemand helfen ???

Vista ist das problem :winking_face: gibt noch extreme probleme mit vista und vlc!

• Hab da auch ein prob
    hab bis eben noch VLCF 1.30 genutzt und jetzt gesehen das der RC23 auch h264 abspielt.. das woltle ich gleich testen hab hier ein paar movies in x264 ich denke mal das wird das gleiche sein

hab in der vlcf.xml noch eine zeile mit der MKV erweiterung hinzugefügt.

Code
    <setup name="File" pic="h264.png" ext="MKV" Videorate="2048" Videotranscode="1" Videocodec="mpgv" Videosize="704x576" Audiorate="192" Audiotranscode="1" fps="25" soutadd="soverlay,senc" />

jetzt kann ich auch die files im vlcf sehen.... wenn ich sie jetzt anklicke geht er bis ~6% und dann kommt auf dem PC folgende meldung..

Code
    Unable to open 'f:MoviesLe.Movie.x264.mkv :start-time=0 :audio-track-id=1 :sout=#transcode{vcodec=mpgv,soverlay,senc,vb=2048,width=704,height=576,fps=25,acodec=mpga,ab=192,channels=2,audio-sync}:std{access=http,mux=ts,dst=:9090/dboxstream}'

hab ich was falsch gemacht oder gehen keine mkv's ( obwohl x264 und ac3 drin ist )

mfg

• Kann mir mal einer sagen wo ich die neueste Version herkriege?
    Über den Gemini Server krieg ichs über die Dream nicht runter. Box sagt immer zuwenig Speicherplatz. (DB7000). In der Database das File hab ich runtergeladen, installiert (über Blue Panel manuel) aber ich hab die angesprochene Datei vlcf_original.xml im Verzeichniss nicht drin.

Kann mir jemand helfen ?

Danke.

• Ich habe windows XP mit SP2
    VLC 0.86d
    DreamBox 500

mit dem VLCF Plugin kann ich Filme auswähelne und abspielen, aber kein Ton.

gibts den inzwischen eine Lösng ??

bye

• Zitat

Original von bluelagoon
    Kann mir mal einer sagen wo ich die neueste Version herkriege?
    Über den Gemini Server krieg ichs über die Dream nicht runter. Box sagt immer zuwenig Speicherplatz. (DB7000). In der Database das File hab ich runtergeladen, installiert (über Blue Panel manuel) aber ich hab die angesprochene Datei vlcf_original.xml im Verzeichniss nicht drin.

Kann mir jemand helfen ?

Danke.

:face_with_rolling_eyes: Wenn zuwenig platz, dann zu wenig platz - aus. Egal ob vom Downloadserver, oder Database, da ändert sich ja an der Größe nix

Meine Rechtschreibfehler unterliegen der GPL

• Wenn Ihr divx´e, oder besser alles was nicht mpeg ist, schaut, dann in der vlcf.xml audiotranscode im entsprechenden Eintrag auf 1, ansonsten Lautstärke erhöhen

Meine Rechtschreibfehler unterliegen der GPL

• [Blockierte Grafik: http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/4841/65825886mg2.png]

why when i stream something to the dm... in this case a xvid movie... it cut's a good part of the pic :confused_face:

is there any option on vlc or vlcf to fix this? because i tried to change in vlcf the avi res from 704*576 to 720*576 and it continues the same thing...

• Thank you so much by this HOWTO.

I had tried it months ago and worked.

Now, I would like to know if it is possible add new features to this program:
    when Seek Forward and backward u could use a window to write the exact time. Like this: __:__:__ and with the remote control push digit characters.

And fix bugs. I have found someone:
    1. A file media (avi) can't have the english aprostophe (or tilde) [O'Connor]. VLCF 1.8.0 reset enigma.
    2. ñ character from spanish keyboards in a file media vlcf reset enigma :upside_down_face:
    3. Some video formats vlcf too reset enigma.

Always vlcf resets enigma, vlc in windows keeps playing by the face :upside_down_face:

Thanks,

P.d. Sorry by my bad english :winking_face:

• Does anyone know how to stop the VLC from cropping some videos?
    I have looked everywhere and I cant find a setting for this

cheers

• Waking up the thread.

vlcf 1.08 gemini 4.50

The problem of the playback stopping when the file is more then ~700MB has been solved somehow or not yet?

Thank you