i-have-a-dreambox.com | Dreambox - Support

Register Calendar Members List Team Members Galerie to Portal Go to the Main Page

Boardrules Frequently Asked Questions Statistik Statistik Search Pinwand Dreambox Blog Ihad/Gemini Fan-Shop
i-have-a-dreambox.com | Dreambox - Support » ...::: Archiv - Support für ältere Dreambox Modelle :::... » ...::: Dreambox und Images DM800 :::... » Allgemeines zur DM800 » DivX on DM800 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page DivX on DM800
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
hasafly
User

images/avatars/avatar-9407.jpg

Registration Date: 28.02.2008
Which box: DM 500HD
External Storage: HDD
Which Image: iCVS

DivX on DM800 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Anyone knows if DM800 can read DivX, directly.....

The new processor handle DivX.

Not by VLCF, but can read dirctly DivX??
09.03.2008 00:24 hasafly is offline Send an Email to hasafly Search for Posts by hasafly Add hasafly to your Buddy List
mordillo mordillo is a male
V.I.P.

images/avatars/avatar-2341.gif

Registration Date: 02.08.2005
Which box: DM 600PVR-S; DM 7025+SS
External Storage: HDD; CF
Which Image: eigenes Image
Origin: /usr/bin/zimmer

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

No, I dont think so

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by mordillo: 09.03.2008 10:06.

09.03.2008 10:06 mordillo is offline Send an Email to mordillo Homepage of mordillo Search for Posts by mordillo Add mordillo to your Buddy List
hasafly
User

Thread Starter Thread Started by hasafly
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That's a negative point.

A 400Mhz MIPS processor is not enough?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by hasafly: 09.03.2008 11:34.

09.03.2008 11:32 hasafly is offline Send an Email to hasafly Search for Posts by hasafly Add hasafly to your Buddy List
tomdulix tomdulix is a male
V.I.P.

images/avatars/avatar-5165.jpg

Registration Date: 16.03.2005
Which box: DM 800C; DM 7020HD
Which accessories: PS3 Slim, Logitech Harmony 600
Which Image: CVS
Welcher Bildschirm: Philips PFL9613D

hi,

as far as i know/read has the dm800 a 300mhz cpu! but the mhz doesn't have to say anything! th dm7000 has a 250mhz cpu!

divx-support has to be included in the cpu!

42PFL6877K Philips LED-TV

PS3 Slim 250 GB

Synology DS213j
09.03.2008 11:46 tomdulix is offline Search for Posts by tomdulix Add tomdulix to your Buddy List
gutemine
unregistered

Broadcom offerw only a limited set of CPUs with DivX support (because there is a license fee included) which are mainly for DVD Players, and only 1 chip with DivX for a SAT Receiver - and no, the CPU of the 800 is NOT this chip.

Broadcom has also only a limited set of CPUs with a FPU (Floating Point Unit) which would allow to implement DivX support (let's better NOT discuss the license part in this case) and no, the CPU of the 800 is not such a chip.

so continue with your prayers for the 8000 ...

BUT some version of DivX are part of the MPEG4 standard, so there you prayers should be heart in Lünen even for the 800.

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by gutemine: 09.03.2008 11:54.

09.03.2008 11:52
hasafly
User

Thread Starter Thread Started by hasafly

So we got to continue using VLCF (and have a computer powered on with VLC installed, etc) for plying DivX?

That's sad, no?
09.03.2008 12:02 hasafly is offline Send an Email to hasafly Search for Posts by hasafly Add hasafly to your Buddy List
gutemine
unregistered

no that is NOT sad, because you could watch it in HDTV resolution :-)

And a DivX capable DVD Player costs far less then a Dreambox, so where is the problem ?

Even the Game console vendors are VERY conservative about supporting playing DivX (especially when it comes to HDTV resolutions) and they have more capable CPUs on board then a simple SAT Receiver !

And let's first see what the box can do when the box is vailable, everything elese is just an educated guess which is more or less specualtion in any case !

Ciao
gutemine

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by gutemine: 09.03.2008 12:10.

09.03.2008 12:10
Trial
V.I.P.

Registration Date: 20.04.2004
Which box: siehe Signatur
External Storage: USB-Stick; HDD; NAS; NFS
Which accessories: 80GB, 250GB, 500GB, 1TB, 4GB CF
Which Image: OE 2.0; PLi; Sonstige
Welcher Bildschirm: 2*LCD+LED

Hi,
couldn´t you just wait? The HD-chips are normally also capable of decoding DivX (which is also MPEG4) without the need of the CPU. Just sit back and wait.

For instance:
"The STi5202 Set-Top Boxes/DVD Decoder Chip supports DivX, Flash video and video-conferencing standards, and also the new Chinese AVS1-P2 Jizhun Profile 4.0 level (SD) video decoding standard."

ciao

09.03.2008 17:30 Trial is offline Send an Email to Trial Search for Posts by Trial Add Trial to your Buddy List
vartaxe vartaxe is a male
User

images/avatars/avatar-13010.gif

Registration Date: 11.02.2008
Which box: DM 500+S; DM 800S; andere
External Storage: USB-Stick; HDD; CIFS
Which Image: Gemini; PLi; Sonstige

as the dm800 has a AMD x86 cpu i don't think it will be hard todo...

09.03.2008 18:40 vartaxe is offline Send an Email to vartaxe Search for Posts by vartaxe Add vartaxe to your Buddy List
luke_s luke_s is a male
V.I.P.

images/avatars/avatar-11932.png

Registration Date: 02.04.2004
Which box: keine Angabe
External Storage: keine
Which accessories: wo es reinpasst: DVD Kit mit Brenner ;)
Welcher Bildschirm: Panasonic TH-D42PS81
Origin: 50°04'07"N 8°38'436"O

it has neither an sti nor an amd x86 cpu...
so try your luck in the broadcom area..
btw. divX is NOT equal to H.264.. if a cpu can decode H.264 it doesnt say anything about the playing capacities of divX... shure both are (more or the less) mpeg4 containers but they are not equal...
and please dont forget.. newer versions of divX need a license.. think that is one of the main probs why some cpus can decode and some dont...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by luke_s: 09.03.2008 18:56.

09.03.2008 18:54 luke_s is offline Send an Email to luke_s Search for Posts by luke_s Add luke_s to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for luke_s
gutemine
unregistered

quote:
Original von vartaxe
as the dm800 has a AMD x86 cpu i don't think it will be hard todo...

as lukes_s said this is nonsense, and the AMD Elan of the 8000 is a pretty slow CPU so I don't think that you can use it to encode DivX in Realtime.

But why are people so horny about DivX ???

I would be much more worried about/interested in HD DVD content !

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by gutemine: 09.03.2008 18:58.

09.03.2008 18:57
User

no need to encode divx... just decode... also no need for divx license... HELLO ANYONE HEARD ABOUT XVID? wmbiggrin

09.03.2008 19:05 vartaxe is offline Send an Email to vartaxe Search for Posts by vartaxe Add vartaxe to your Buddy List
hy-bye
Profi

Registration Date: 05.03.2006
Which box: DM 500S; DM 500HD; DM 800S; DM 7000S; DM 7020S; DM 7025SC; DM 8000HD
External Storage: USB-Stick; HDD; CF; NFS

quote:
Original von gutemine
But why are people so horny about DivX ???

I would be much more worried about/interested in HD DVD content !

HD-DVD is dead Augenzwinkern

And for divx. I think that is the format that is mostly used for illegal Movie-Downloads from the Inet
09.03.2008 19:08 hy-bye is offline Send an Email to hy-bye Search for Posts by hy-bye Add hy-bye to your Buddy List
User

yeah no need for hd dvd or bluray stuff... just xvid and x264! wmwink

09.03.2008 19:11 vartaxe is offline Send an Email to vartaxe Search for Posts by vartaxe Add vartaxe to your Buddy List
gutemine
unregistered

exactly it is for seeing illegal stuff, and there are already plenty of ways available to watch it :-(

And I meant High Definition DVD Content, it doesn't make a difference if it comes on a Blue Ray with a Sony Smile !

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by gutemine: 09.03.2008 19:15.

09.03.2008 19:14
User

it has nothing to do with watching illegal stuff... there a lot of stuff encoded on xvid and x264 which have nothing of illegal also you can encode your own stuff, videos whatever with xvid codec to save up space or now as i have a sony HD camcorder do you think i'm gonna to buy a bluray burner for it? no way! its to dispensive so that way i can encode it to x264 and stoe it on my harddrive or even burn it in normal dvd's!

09.03.2008 19:19 vartaxe is offline Send an Email to vartaxe Search for Posts by vartaxe Add vartaxe to your Buddy List
luke_s luke_s is a male
V.I.P.

images/avatars/avatar-11932.png

Registration Date: 02.04.2004
Which box: keine Angabe
External Storage: keine
Which accessories: wo es reinpasst: DVD Kit mit Brenner ;)
Welcher Bildschirm: Panasonic TH-D42PS81
Origin: 50°04'07"N 8°38'436"O

quote:
Original von vartaxe
no need to encode divx... just decode... also no need for divx license... HELLO ANYONE HEARD ABOUT XVID? wmbiggrin

again..
divX is not equal to xvid...
try to play an divX 6+ coded movie on ur xvid capable dvd player...

09.03.2008 19:33 luke_s is offline Send an Email to luke_s Search for Posts by luke_s Add luke_s to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for luke_s
gutemine
unregistered

I know that Digital (HD) Camcorders are available already - guess where the dirty downloads are coming from :-)

It is quite simple - look at the Broadcom homepage at the CPU description there stands exactly which standards it supports:

http://www.broadcom.com/collateral/pb/7401-PB04-R.pdf

And there are already very "pleasurefull" things included like mp3 viahardware, windows media audio,... and H.264/AVC main and high profile up to Level 4.1 and VC-1 advance profile level 3 and simple and main profile.

And then you start reading these standards or browse trough the Wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.264

And then you know more about the subject and don't need to ask anymore :-)

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by gutemine: 09.03.2008 19:36.

09.03.2008 19:35
gutemine
unregistered

Jürgen im DMM Board hat die Frage übrigens beantwortet nach DivX auf der 800 :-)

> NO

PS: Eigentlich können wir damit jetzt hier closen - oder ?

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by gutemine: 12.03.2008 22:34.

12.03.2008 22:33
SadButTrue
V.I.P.

images/avatars/avatar-5217.gif

Registration Date: 13.09.2004
External Storage: USB-Stick; HDD; NFS
Which Image: Gemini; CVS; DMM original
Welcher Bildschirm: Panasonic TX-P46GT30&TH42-PV60
Origin: Österreich

jup wurde alles gesagt

- closed -

Festplatte: IBM 120GB . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Festplatte: Maxtor 200GB. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Festpaltte: Samsung 120GB. . . . . . . Festplatte: HDDrive2go 500GB eSata
Image im Flash: Gemini 4.X0 . . . . . . . . . . . . . Image im Flash: Gemini 4.X0. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Image im Flash: Gemini 4.X0. . . . . . Image im Flash: Gemini 5.X0
Satelliten: 13,0°; 19,2°; 23,5° Ost. . . . . . . . . . Satelliten: NIM1 -19,2° Ost; NIM2 - 13,0°; 19,2°; 23,5° Ost . . Satelliten: 13,0°; 19,2°; 23,5° Ost . . Satelliten: 13,0°; 19,2°; 23,5° Ost

...Never cared for what they say - Never cared for games they play - Never cared for what they do - Never cared for what they know...

ICH GEBE WEDER IM FORUM NOCH PER PM HILFE ZU KEYS BZW. PAYTV HACKS!
12.03.2008 22:43 SadButTrue is offline Send an Email to SadButTrue Search for Posts by SadButTrue Add SadButTrue to your Buddy List Add SadButTrue to your Contact List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
i-have-a-dreambox.com | Dreambox - Support » ...::: Archiv - Support für ältere Dreambox Modelle :::... » ...::: Dreambox und Images DM800 :::... » Allgemeines zur DM800 » DivX on DM800

Privacy policy | Team | Suchen | Hilfe