'we want thowi's remote like in enigma1 back'

• Hi All,

In my bedroom, I pilot my dream with my pda on the Webpage http://192.168.2.10/remote
    This page is include on the webif rc 6 but isn't in the new webif, so I can use the new fonctionnality.

Thowi promises to reput this pages on the webif, if I 'm not alone to do this.

please, support me and say YES to thowi's remote like in enigma1 back !!!

Thanks for your support.

• you really don't give up :)

But OK, if this thread proves that you are not alone (I know at least 1 more person who would be happy - are you listening Thor1967 ?) then I'll reserve some time for re-implementing it over the next weekend.

Ciao
    gutemine2

• Please, please, please.

And also I would like the text-based timer page to add/change timers from my mobile :)

• Hi.

I really liked the "Homey 0.2.16" version of the webinterface, espessialy the tekstbased first page.
    Because this made it very easy to control my box with my cell phone (WAP or Opera Mini browser).
    Many of my colleages on Digsat agree that it is very handy to be able to set a Timer when on the run with your mobile phone.

The problem is that the old Homewy 0.2.16 brings back the "summer time timer error" even in new images where the error is gone.

So, is it to much to ask to make an up to date "homeys 0.2.16" again?
    If it could implement the "classis enigma1 style remote" it would be fantastic.
    The graphic interface could still be a choice in the text based first page like it used to be.
    It is just impossible to work with the enigma2 webinterface now on a cell phone. It hardly loads in a remote location on a regular pc, because it is so slow.

regards and many thanks
    Terje from Norway.

• Wishlist is closed, but I'll give you a hint - OK ?

l think you simply have a problem understanding how it works.

The real pain is the WebIF startup screen because it loads tonns of things that you small device probably cann't even handle, and eats your bandwith.

BUT all the commands of the webIF are still there and cann be still called directly.

Have a look at the E2 WebIF Wiki (I know it is in german, but there is the list of all commands and the qualifiers)

http://dream.reichholf.net/wiki/Enigma2:WebInterface

For a simple example try this - it just sends Hello to your screen:

http://dbox/web/message?text=Hallo&type=1&timeout=10

Replace dbox with your ip, or put dbox with your ip inyour hosts file.

If you add this to the Favorites of your Mobile's Browser you can already say Hello to your loved ones at home without all the overhead of browsing to the Messages screen.

The same works for /web/timeradd (with more arguments of course). So if you create a local html which simply then makes the appropiate request string to the Dreambox it will use the WebIF commands directly without (!) rewriting or tweaking it. You could even add the most popular commands to the favorites of your browser (like record 2h immediately of your favorite TV channel).

So I'm NOT willing to do this for you, because with just very little html know-how (you could even steal the html with save sourceode in browser from Homey's old WebIF) you can have everything that you want and will not even touch the box's python code.

And I'm not an html expert either, I just steal what I need, do a prayer and nail it down until it does what I want. So do the same, and you used your hint up already :)

So give it a try and report back.

Ciao
    gutemine2

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von gutemine ()

• Zitat

Original von akseln
    Thanks gutermine! If the commands in the wiki work, it solves most of my needs.

Yes, they work. The only tricky part that you normally don't have locally on the PDA/Cellphone is the Service identifier string, but this one is easy to get/steal for your favorite Channells when you use the Streaming Feature (look for ref= in the Browser adreessbar) - so you even got a second hint for free :winking_face:

In Exchange for the second hint, if you successfully create your favorites & local html wrappers (could be even the simple text based menu that you requested) then feell free to post them so that others don't need to re-invent the wheel again.

Ciao
    gutemine2

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von gutemine ()

• Hello Gutemine.

I tried the "Classic Remote", but on the right of the remote I get a small black box with a red X in it instead of the OSD.

Tried both IE 7 and Firefox.

Something wrong?

regards
    Terje

• Thank you. But why does the Homeys 0.2.16 bring back the summer-time-error?
    Otherwise I would just continue using the Homeys 0.2.16 instead of inventing this "perfect" version over again...

• Maybe because he programmed it in Winter time
    without any Summer time correction ?

• This box should be the /media/hdd/screenshot.png file displayed.

Is it still there (empty) when you do a refresh of the browser ?

Have you enabled /hdd servicing in the WebIF Plugin Setup Screen of enigma2 (otherwise it won't work) ?

Do you actually have a harddisk in your box ?

Could you create the file manually with fbshot /media/hdd/screenshot.png in telnet ?

Ciao
    gutemine2

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gutemine ()

• Hello!

I activated the HDD servicing in the webinterface plugin menu, and now the OSD show up! Thank you.
    However, I can't get it to funktion properly.
    The OSD webpage refreshes all the time, making the OSD dissapear right after it is loaded and reload.
    Sometimes it shows the previous OSD instead of the current one.

Any ideas?

The other thing:
    We are many people on digsat. forum that would LOVE to have a Homeys 0.2.16 type simple webinterface back.
    But like I told before, that version brings back the timer-error.
    Is is much work for you or anyone to make a "modified" 0.2.16 version?
    MANY people would appreciate this.

:face_with_rolling_eyes:

regards
    Terje

• the classic remote control uses html reload to overcome the problem that you are not able to immediately execute the control command in the python webif code, meaning you first execute it and then leave the reload gets you the right screenshot on the screen.

This is done by using a reload time of 0 (is instant reload), and the timer which prevents to re-load all the time is set to 2 sec. This means if you use it over a slow network connection (eg not LAN or WLAN) you will be in trouble because it will always reload.

So if you connection is SLOW you would need first patience until the picture is loaded, and second you have to increase the timedelta code in the RemoteControl.py or the re-load will be infinitely (which is boring)

In Line 87 and Line 109 of Classicremote.py it says timedelta < 2 which are seconds.

Try changing this to a higher value at both places - for example timedelta < 5 or even < 10 if you use it over a very slow Network connection.

Ciao
    gutemine

PS: And you could ask Homey if he patches you this very old code, but as I said this is not really sensemaking so I don't think he'll do it for you because it is a waste of time - and summertime doesn't last forever either :frowning_face: But maybe they could include this as feature request for their PDA version of the remote control and enhanced webif, so maybe it is worth asking

• Zitat

Original von jjbig
    Geht jetzt schon. EInfach mal unter schauen.

er will aber noch ein einfaches text menu im Browser haben um in all die schönen untermenus reinzuspringen (auch die pda seite wäre eines davon) statt über die mit epg und channels überladene Einstiegsseite zu gehen, weil die ist für PDA oder webbrowser am handy denkbar ungeeignet.

Mein Vorschlag war ja das nicht ins webif reinzuproggen, sondern einfach ein simples lokales dreammenu.html auf dem PDA zu machen wo man dann die entsprechenden references zu den subseiten des Standard Webif reinschreibt. Geht für einfache sachen genausogut und spart Ihm das python coden.

Homey und auch ich haben damals ja einfach die go to OSD seite aufgebohrt mit mehreren texteinträgen für die Untermenus - das ginge zwar immer noch, aber genau so eine Liste kannst du auch in einem lokalen html machen wo du als href= halt dann http://dbox/commando reinschreibst. Und die Kommandos sind ja jetzt schon imWiki dokumentiert, mit nur ganz wenig htrml wissen kann man sich das also selber machen - das bringe theoretisch sogar ich zusammen :)

LG
    gutemine2

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von gutemine ()

• Zitat

Original von gutemine2
    Wishlist is closed again, because it was easiert to implement then I thought :)

Try this:

Classic Remote Control fürs webIF (so wie unter enigma1 mit OSD Screenshot)

Ok, Gutemine.
    I found out that this plugin works very well if you always wait then you have pressed a button, untill the SECOND reload of the OSD. The first load is the "old" OSD, while the second one is the correct.
    If you know this and wait for the second reload, it works very well.
    If you dont wait, but press buttons to quickly, it starts reloading uncontrolled.

:winking_face:

• Zitat

Original von gutemine2

er will aber noch ein einfaches text menu im Browser haben um in all die schönen untermenus reinzuspringen (auch die pda seite wäre eines davon) statt über die mit epg und channels überladene Einstiegsseite zu gehen, weil die ist für PDA oder webbrowser am handy denkbar ungeeignet.

Mein Vorschlag war ja das nicht ins webif reinzuproggen, sondern einfach ein simples lokales dreammenu.html auf dem PDA zu machen wo man dann die entsprechenden references zu den subseiten des Standard Webif reinschreibt. Geht für einfache sachen genausogut und spart Ihm das python coden.

Genau daran arbeite ich gerade. Es gibt für mobile Geräte seit einiger Zeit die Unterseite http://dreambox/web/wap/index.html
    Zur Zeit arbeite ich an einer TimerEdit-Seite, die fast fertige ist. Natürlich soll das ganze aber schön verzahnt werden, so daß auch neue Funktionen nach Möglichkeit nur einmal implementiert werden :)

Grüße

jjbig