Crontab does not work.

• Ordinary crontab like OE2.5 made in /etc/cron/crontab/root does not work in OE2.6...

• "does not work" is not really an error description. WHAT does not work?

Do you have the cron service enabled and started at all? Maybe a little bit more detail and background if you want people to get interested to help you :winking_face:

• What do I have to start?
    if i make a cron job with FPT on my dm525 in folders /etc/cron/crontab/
    opens a new document that I call root and slice it into what cronjob should contain, example like this:

Code
    30 4 * * * /usr/bin/listup-nice.sh user password >> /tmp/cron.log 2>&1

Restart enigma2.
    Then this script starts running at. 4.30 every night.
    What must I do to make this work on the dreambox one with unstable original image from DMM?

• Not sure what FPT should be and restart of E2 is also not needed to activate anything related to cron but the cron service has to be enabled and started:

Code
    # systemctl status busybox-cron

That will show you current status of the service. When INACTIVE then you can place how many files you want and nothing will ever get loaded or executed.

Enabling and starting the service:

Code
    # systemctl enable busybox-cron
    # systemctl start busybox-cron

Then you can check again its status with the appropriate command from above.

The status command will also show you from which folder crontabs are read. The one you use is not the one on my OE2.5 system:

Code
    # systemctl status busybox-cron
    ● busybox-cron.service
       Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/busybox-cron; generated; vendor preset: enabled)
       Active: active (running) since Do 2019-06-27 03:30:43 CEST; 6 days ago
         Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)
      Process: 248 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/busybox-cron start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
       CGroup: /system.slice/busybox-cron.service
               └─257 /usr/sbin/crond -c /etc/cron/crontabs