• Hello everyone, I ask you for help
    I must have loaded some wrong image for my dm7025 because now at power on the display does not turn on
    I checked first with dreamup with the null modem cable but only recognizes the type of decoder and does not turn on the box to redo the flash
    I then checked with hyperterminal and told me: Dreambox DM7025 FIRST STAGE 1.4 {2i34 and it does not go any further so I think it's a corrupt bootloader.
    I found in the decoder a sim that is called dreambox security sim a2p so I think this is skipped. what can I do?

• The DM7025 is very old and does not have a security sim. Are you sure that you're not mixing up something here?
    If it is a DM7025: Which color does the internal power supply have? There are multiple versions and some die early.

so long
    m0rphU

:aufsmaul: Kein Support per PN! :aufsmaul:

• No I'm not mistaken maybe I did not say it's a dm7025+
    I attach two photos

foto1
    foto2

however the first stage or the second stage is corrupt.
    I do not understand if it is the first stage or the second but there is no way to fix it?

the problems before the corrupted boot are two: that is, the network card can not be used because the display does not light up and you can not press the down arrow key to enable the dhcp

the second problem is the serial port: With dream up and null modem cable the type of decoder (dm7025) is only recognized but does not enable the flash button.
    with hyperterminal I see something more 'as written in the first post and I wondered if with this it was possible to reload the firmware.

otherwise there is some other way to recharge the firmware, do I have to change some chips or do I need some external equipment?

• The DM7025 is "known" for poor ELCO (don't know the correct english name for this kind of electronic item) items in the power supply.
    There are loads of strange things possible to happen in case of "dried" ELCO items in the power supply.
    If you never refreshed the power supply of the DM7025, it is highly probable that you have one of those effects.
    If you are used to an soldering iron, replace all ELCO items in the power supply. This might give you another 2 - 3 years with the DM7025.

Bitte keine unaufgeforderten PNs schicken, sondern im Forum fragen. Ich schaue NIE ohne Auffordung in meine PN-Box.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von kenatonline ()

• I would recommend you to change the power supply.
    This is certainly the easier way to do it than to swap individual capacitors. A suitable power supply for the 7025 can be found at the Boardsponsor.
    https://www.hm-sat-shop.de/hdt…il-dm-7025-new-version?c=
    For the 7025+ it is the same as for the 8000, search at google a Shop.
    Good Luck with the old lady.

Zitat

Original von netman
    Where is the photo of the sim-card? :grinning_squinting_face:

Tomatoes on netmans eyes?
    Post 3. :face_with_rolling_eyes:

Zitat

Original von m0rphU
    The DM7025 is very old and does not have a security sim.

Aber natürlich hat die alte Dame eine Sim.

• As I wrote, the "dried" power supply causes the freakiest things one can imagine.
    Maybe the old firmware was starting stuff in a different sequence and caused a little less draw on the power supply and the new one is starting services in a different order, causing the draw to raise a little bit and the "dried" power supply fails.
    A refresh of the ELCO items will cost you maybe 10 - 15 bucks and an hour of your time for soldering.
    I had this kind of failure two times with DM7025 boxes and they behaved completely different on failure and both went fine for another 2 - 3 years after "referesh" of the power supply (one is still working after 10 years, the other one died during a thunder storm).

Bitte keine unaufgeforderten PNs schicken, sondern im Forum fragen. Ich schaue NIE ohne Auffordung in meine PN-Box.

• thanks
    the version of the ELCO in what does it consist and where can I find it?

If the elco is the replacement of the capacitors that kind of thing I found it only for the dm7020 in fact on the electric plate the capacitors indicated do not match

make jtag?

• It is not a single one to replace. You need to replace ALL of them in the power supply (and in the power supply only).
    I think I remember around 15 ELKOs to replace.
    When I first replaced them, I removed the power supply from the box and looked for the correct values of each of the ELKOs myself. The second time I just reordered the same list of items at the same shop. Unfortunately, the shop does not exist anymore and therefore I can not look up the list from there.
    But I remember it was not a hard task to lookup the ELKO values.
    I took ELKOs for replacement, which had a significant higher rate on the temperature tolerance, than the original ones.
    Look for "low ESR" ELKOs and at least 105 degree celcius temperature tolerance.

• look I checked the pins of the power those that go from '1 to 14 and only on pins 12 and 13 there are not the right powers

• I checked but in the post we talk about another type of power supply board of 1 generation even though that is a DM7025. I also checked the scheme and in fact those components are not there. I am attaching
    photos
    foto alimentatore
    foto4

the electric plate gives as model etzez654m7f that would seem equal to that of the dm8000hd

• I can see 15 ELKOs on your pictures. The ELKOs are the items with the silver round top having a visible cross on it.