Dreambox 7080 HDMI problem

• Can anybody advise me, if there is a software sollution, when on a brandnew Dreambox 7080 the HDMI out connection doesn´t function.
    Receiver has worked for about a month faultles.
    Box on itself works ok, because with Blackbox I can watch programs on our iPad.

Thanks in advance, fr.gr. George

• Hi,
    are you sure the cable is in HDMI out and not in HDMI in? I read 2-3 post were the user mixed up these connectors. The attached TV also supports all possible resolutions up to 1080p? If not there is a chance that a non suported resolution is selected by accident. Take a look with the web interface which settings are active.

ciao

---
    7020, Combo, Solo2, Ultimo

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Trial ()

• Trial: Thanks for your reaction.
    Yes, I used the right HDMI out.
    As the problem started, after receiver and tv functioned ok together for a month, and I don´t experiment with good working systems, I don´t think the resulution has something to do with it.
    Thanks again, fr.gr. George

• Please also check with an other HDMI cable. I had problems too with a cheap HDMI cable (was okay at the beginning) and I remember a post in an other forum (here) where the user sent the box back for repair without success and finally it turned out it was the HDMI cable.

Im Einsatz: DM900UHD | DM7080HD | NAS | 13°+19,2° | DVB-C

• schweizer Box: also thanks to you.
    I tried about 8 different cables, knowing that they can give trouble.
    But one good indication is, that other sat receiver works fine, with these cables. Tested some of them, no problem there. Have a nice day, gr. George

• You have tried everything,and you can try only one more thing: flash the box with the latest release from dreamboxupdate.com . If it will not working,you will need to send your box back for repair .I think it's a hardware problem,maybe an short-circuit or something broke you hdmi.
    Cheers

• Hardware problem?
    Yes, Alessandros, I was thinking along the same lines.
    Thanks for your reaction.

Only thing, that bothers me, is, that this is 2nd Dreambox, that gives me hardware trouble, the last 4 months. Both new.
    And information from DMM is hard to get, and shops don't feel responsible any more for sold products.

I have always had good experiences with Dreamboxes, but somehow my trust in DMM is fading.
    Fr.gr. George