Openweathermap connections

• Hi, I tried writing this in german but it was too terrible, sorry.

I have noticed my box connecting to api.openweathermap.org many times, like 50 times every day.
    This is caused by the built-in weather plugin in gp, even if you never use it and there is no way to turn it off. It's not activated in a sensorfield either.
    So all dreamboxes with gp are always fetching data from openweathermap in the background, day in day out. Using the weatherplugin or not.
    This doesn't cause any real problem, apart from unnecessary load for openweather. There must be quite some dreamboxes with gp, I guess.

Not using the weather plugin I don't want my box to connect to openweathermap.org 50 times a day, why should it ? but I can't remove or disable it. So I added api.openweathermap.org to my hosts file to resolve to 127.0.0.1, as a "dirty" solution.
    Assume 100 people not using the weatherplugin, already makes +- 5000 useless connections to openweathermap every day !

So here is my request: add "enable/disable" to the plugin, disable by default. Users using it will use the menu anyway, users who are not aware or not using it will not make useless connections.

Thank you !