[gelöst] 2.0 image install?

• Hi,

Hope it's ok that I write in English...

I'd like to update my DM800se from 1.6 to 2.0. I know how to updtate - but I think I've read somewhere, that I need to mount an USB stik because of the size of 2.0?

What would you recommend that I do?

I would like to use GP3.2.

Thanks!

BR

rosens

• Hello rosens,

English is okay ....

I recommend to do it like mentioned HERE
    Bevor you trie to flash, read second post in THIS THREAD

Hope this will help you, if not be free to post again....

DM7000s + 500GB hdd
    DM8000 HD DMOE2.0+GP3.2/flash + 1TB hdd+ Sandisk Extreme III 4GB SDHC
    DM920 UHD 4K 1x DVB-S2 FBC + 1TB hdd

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von SuPerfrEa|< ()

• Thanks Superfreak :winking_face:

I know how to update - no problem. But do I need ekstra space for the install? I've read somewhere, that the 2.0 image uses more memory - and that it would be better to mount a USB stik and use this as extra memory?

Is that correct? And if so - what's the best procedure...

BR

rosens

• Offizieller Beitrag

You need a usb stick and flashexpander or multiboot to expand your memory

Look this link but only in german maybe it helps you a bit

FlashExpander mit GP3 auf der DM 800se installieren

FlashExpander ohne GP3 auf die DM 800se installieren

• Not memory (RAM) is the problem but flash storage which is 64 MB with the 800se (not V2). Most OE 2.0 images need at least 50 MB without any additional installs like Skins, Plugins or Picons, so you might see why extending the flash storage is a good idea with OE 2.0

I'd recommend to use MediaBoot for booting from USB.

Alternatively it might be enough to uninstall the huge packages like HbbTV and Browser (withe --autoremove option enabled to also remove the libraries) or use an image that doesn't install them in the first place like Merlin3 :)
    You can also just put these big packages on the USB stick with SqueezeOut which will also increase perfomance because it also eliminates the extra compression of those packages.

so long
    m0rphU

:aufsmaul: Kein Support per PN! :aufsmaul:

• Zitat

Original von m0rphU
    Not memory (RAM) is the problem but flash storage which is 64 MB with the 800se (not V2). Most OE 2.0 images need at least 50 MB without any additional installs like Skins, Plugins or Picons, so you might see why extending the flash storage is a good idea with OE 2.0

I'd recommend to use MediaBoot for booting from USB.

Alternatively it might be enough to uninstall the huge packages like HbbTV and Browser (withe --autoremove option enabled to also remove the libraries) or use an image that doesn't install them in the first place like Merlin3 :)
    You can also just put these big packages on the USB stick with SqueezeOut which will also increase perfomance because it also eliminates the extra compression of those packages.

Thanks morphu!

Media-boot works like a charm! :winking_face:

Just a little strange problem I can't figure out... I'll send you a PM. Hope it's ok...

BR
    rosens

• Nice that MediaBoot works for you :)

Zitat

Original von rosens
    Just a little strange problem I can't figure out... I'll send you a PM. Hope it's ok...

No! Not ok! First of all I won't give any support via PM. This is a forum for public exchange of information and help, not in private!
    Secondly, you're requesting private support because you're requesting support for illegal things that are forbidden to discuss here...
    Why should there be any difference about this in PN?

so long
    m0rphU

:aufsmaul: Kein Support per PN! :aufsmaul:

• Offizieller Beitrag

I markt this thread as solved

• Zitat

Original von m0rphU
    Nice that MediaBoot works for you :)

No! Not ok! First of all I won't give any support via PM. This is a forum for public exchange of information and help, not in private!
    Secondly, you're requesting private support because you're requesting support for illegal things that are forbidden to discuss here...
    Why should there be any difference about this in PN?

My bad - sorry...

Thanks for the tips anyway.

BR
    rosens