Netflix player in GeminiPlugin 3.2 for OE2.0 feed

• Hello all.
    I use GP3.2 on opendreambox OE2.0 on my first generation DM8000.

I read the fantastic news that the movie/video streamservice (legal) Netflix is starting in The Netherlands.
    Can their be a Netflix plugin for GP3.2?
    Source: https://signup.netflix.com/Global[/quote]

Dreambox DM8000 HD PVR (HDD / DVD-rw / CF & Newnigma2-unstable) - DVB-T | UPC Horizon (Royaal HD).

5 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Jeroensky ()

• Netflix is using for the "Watch now" function at the moment Microsoft Silverlight.
    Silverlight is not available on Enigma2 stb's.
    But Netflix is available on numerous of platforms where silverlight is
    not available ,so that doesn't sound like the real reason. (exaple: Oppo BluRay players, PS3)
    Netflix is gonna leave Silverlight, but they don't know when. Check their tech blog here: techblog.netflix.com/2013/04/html5-video-at-netflix.html

Their is a petition online about Netflix on Linux : www.petitiononline.com/Linflix/petition.html

Dreambox DM8000 HD PVR (HDD / DVD-rw / CF & Newnigma2-unstable) - DVB-T | UPC Horizon (Royaal HD).

12 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Jeroensky ()

• I informed at the manufactorer of my multiregion customized bluray/mediaplayer. Becausethe usa version has a netflix player. I have a older model the Oppo BDP-93eu. This is a reply of Oppo:

Zitat

Netflix in Netherlands use a newer version of Netflix that is not compatible with the BDP-93EU, only the new models BDP-103/105EU supports this new version used in Europe. The problem is that the European Netflix uses a new version of Netflix that are not compatible with the older US Netflix system in the BDP-93EU and therefore it is not possible now or in future because it has to do with hardware limitations.

I assume that their are more standalone devices who have Netflix playback possibilities, that only works on the older versions of Netflix (like used in the USA).

I think it's too much unwanted DRM & proprietary software stuff.
    So conclusion: keep using P2P & torrent, the movie industrie wants this as we see, because they don't want it legal on opensource running devices..

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Jeroensky ()