i-have-a-dreambox.com | Dreambox - Support

Register Calendar Members List Team Members Galerie to Portal Go to the Main Page

Boardrules Frequently Asked Questions Statistik Statistik Search Pinwand Dreambox Blog Ihad/Gemini Fan-Shop
i-have-a-dreambox.com | Dreambox - Support » ...::: Internationale Corner :::... » English Corner » DM 500s - Image ? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DM 500s - Image ?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Blogger

images/avatars/avatar-2447.gif

Registration Date: 04.03.2005
Which box: DM 500S
External Storage: keine
Which Image: Gemini

DM 500s - Image ? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just bought DM 500s.
Amazing machine !!!! It works like charm.
I was using Strong 8000(don't laugh,it's a good receiver) till today and now I have a dilema i.e. which image to use ?
I already d/l all of them (I guess). So by your experience with DM 500s which one offer the best.
Is it :
- hydra500_phoenix_108 or 109
- hydra500_zeus
- Gemini_500_102
- sf_img_106_0901
etc....
I would appreciate your advice. großes Grinsen
04.03.2005 23:31 Blogger is offline Send an Email to Blogger Search for Posts by Blogger Add Blogger to your Buddy List
reindl reindl is a male
Stammuser

images/avatars/avatar-5143.jpg

Registration Date: 02.09.2004
Which box: DM 800S
External Storage: siehe Signatur
Which accessories: GRUNDIG - VISION 6 32-6950 T
Welcher Bildschirm: Plasma-TV PANASONIC - TH-46PZ8
Origin: Austria

re Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi!

I am using the Gemini 1.03. It has got a lot of fixes in it, comparing with the 1.02, most of them because it is based on the new Kernel released with public beta 1.08 for Dm500s. I think gemini is the best image for the Dm500 by now, in its latest version 1.03 it is even supporting *.mp3, mpeg2, Vob & co. it is also very good to record to a pc via CIFS, allthough there are still some bugs to fix (promised for the next kernel by ghost). Allthough there are other images based on the new kernel, like Hydra, gemini is best, not at least because you get the best support for it ( here @ IHAD).

I can also recommend to use Public beta 1.08 for Dm500s (if you want you can integrate camd3). I'm not that satisified with other images, but I think all the ones based on the new kernel are quite OK to use.

for me the only truth is:

Greetings, REINDL

"we are human beings, not human doings"

2x DM500
1x Humax Digi+II

13,0/19,2/23,5/28,2 - 17/8 mit BigBigsat
1,0 single - Gibertini 85
Sky Austria / Digi SK
04.03.2005 23:43 reindl is offline Send an Email to reindl Search for Posts by reindl Add reindl to your Buddy List
Blogger

images/avatars/avatar-2447.gif

Registration Date: 04.03.2005
Which box: DM 500S
External Storage: keine

Thread Starter Thread Started by Blogger
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks, I d/l last night 7021_Gemini_103 and I will try it.
I also d/l Gemini Manager v2.42 and I didn't unpacked it yet so I don't know what this program do (I only guess).
Today is the day !
DreamWorld here I come!!!!
05.03.2005 08:25 Blogger is offline Send an Email to Blogger Search for Posts by Blogger Add Blogger to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
i-have-a-dreambox.com | Dreambox - Support » ...::: Internationale Corner :::... » English Corner » DM 500s - Image ?

Privacy policy | Team | Suchen | Hilfe