i-have-a-dreambox.com | Dreambox - Support

Register Calendar Members List Team Members Galerie to Portal Go to the Main Page

Boardrules Frequently Asked Questions Statistik Statistik Search Pinwand Dreambox Blog Ihad/Gemini Fan-Shop
i-have-a-dreambox.com | Dreambox - Support » ...::: Archiv - The Gemini Project (GP2 und GP) :::... » ...::: The Gemini Project :::... » The Gemini Project DM500 » closed caption for north america » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page closed caption for north america
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
pop_eye

Registration Date: 04.02.2006
Which box: DM 500S
External Storage: CF
Which Image: Gemini

Hilfe closed caption for north america Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I am trying to compile following plugin under linux / ppc macosx xcode.
Linux x86 generates ELF format binary in little_endian format which seems to be incompatible with dreambox big_endian. (I am using DM500 as testing board). Dbox PowerPC processor req big_endian format. So I tried same code to be compiled under macosx darwin gcc-4.0.1 which I understand should be compatible. Anyone can help - where or what am I doing wrong as now dreambox dumps message "ELF header unrecognized" when trying binary in PPC format.
I think I need a crosscompiler environment which I do not know how to setup.
Last question - Is there a VMWare image with linux+crosscompile enabled ? Should be more easy for us to develop for dreambox.

I am looking forward to help bring closed captioning to Dbox world

Thank you,
pop_eye
Happy dreaming ! Augen rollen

Attachment:
zip cc-code.zip (24 KB, 31 downloads)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by pop_eye: 11.04.2006 01:11.

09.04.2006 18:36 pop_eye is offline Send an Email to pop_eye Search for Posts by pop_eye Add pop_eye to your Buddy List
pop_eye

Registration Date: 04.02.2006
Which box: DM 500S
External Storage: CF
Which Image: Gemini

Thread Starter Thread Started by pop_eye
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Great news NA users...

So whats new in the DB world?? Sneak peak at Nitro 2!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----

Its the new Nitro II image, which is still in beta development.

-search EPG
-PIG, nope, not the farm animal, (get you mind out of the gutter!! ) PICTURE IN GUIDE!!
-closed caption
-the list goes on