i-have-a-dreambox.com | Dreambox - Support

Register Calendar Members List Team Members Galerie to Portal Go to the Main Page

Boardrules Frequently Asked Questions Statistik Statistik Search Pinwand Dreambox Blog Ihad/Gemini Fan-Shop
i-have-a-dreambox.com | Dreambox - Support » ...::: Dreambox Software :::... » Dreambox Plugins (Enigma2) » Mediatek plugin - need codec » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Mediatek plugin - need codec
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
lonlon

Registration Date: 09.07.2010
Which box: DM 800S
External Storage: CIFS
Which Image: Gemini

Mediatek plugin - need codec Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Is any possibility to have VP6F video codec on dreambox? I`m creating plugin but on webpages is this video codec used :-(
13.09.2010 14:37 lonlon is offline Send an Email to lonlon Search for Posts by lonlon Add lonlon to your Buddy List
gutemine
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There are no such things like video codecs on the Dreambox. Either the video chip and DMM closed source drivers support it ... or not . The later is the case in your request I'm fearing.

There are workarounds with framebuffer, software emulation with X, etc. but in general the CPU of the Dreambox is not suited to execute Video codecs and the memory is pretty low to do realtime conversion too.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by gutemine: 13.09.2010 16:26.

13.09.2010 16:23
pcd pcd is a male
V.I.P.

Registration Date: 31.08.2004
Which box: siehe Signatur
External Storage: NFS
Which Image: Sonstige
Origin: UK

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

If you are trying to play flv videos with your plugin - gtreamer-flv plugin may do the job.

13.09.2010 19:38 pcd is offline Send an Email to pcd Search for Posts by pcd Add pcd to your Buddy List
lonlon

Registration Date: 09.07.2010
Which box: DM 800S
External Storage: CIFS
Which Image: Gemini

Thread Starter Thread Started by lonlon
ad. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Original von pcd
If you are trying to play flv videos with your plugin - gtreamer-flv plugin may do the job.

FLV doesn`t help, it`s to maybe h264 encoded in flash, but not VP6F. I think if dreambox can play FLAC or FLV, where is problem to play VP6F? This codec is very similar..
14.09.2010 02:48 lonlon is offline Send an Email to lonlon Search for Posts by lonlon Add lonlon to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
i-have-a-dreambox.com | Dreambox - Support » ...::: Dreambox Software :::... » Dreambox Plugins (Enigma2) » Mediatek plugin - need codec

Privacy policy | Team | Suchen | Hilfe