i-have-a-dreambox.com | Dreambox - Support

Register Calendar Members List Team Members Galerie to Portal Go to the Main Page

Boardrules Frequently Asked Questions Statistik Statistik Search Pinwand Dreambox Blog Ihad/Gemini Fan-Shop
i-have-a-dreambox.com | Dreambox - Support » ...::: Archiv - The Gemini Project (GP3, GP2 und GP) :::... » ...::: The Gemini Project :::... » The Gemini Project DM600PVR » SkyUK/SkySports with Gemini? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page SkyUK/SkySports with Gemini?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
RuffRyder

Registration Date: 13.05.2008
Which box: DM 600PVR-S
External Storage: USB-Stick
Which Image: Gemini

SkyUK/SkySports with Gemini? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey guys, I have a fundamental question:

I have a Dreambox DM600PVR and I want to use a SkyUK card with PremiumContent which is SkySports.

My questions are the following:

1. Do I need the latest Gemini in order to install the right Plugin?
2. Do I need the Sky-Box-Number from the original Sky-Box in the UK?
3. Which Plugin would be recommended to be used with SkyUK and the Box-Number? I have thought about CCam, but I've also read about other Plugins which support SkyUK Premium Content?!...

Thanks in advance, Newbie needs help.
13.05.2008 15:59 RuffRyder is offline Send an Email to RuffRyder Search for Posts by RuffRyder Add RuffRyder to your Buddy List
Zodac Zodac is a male
V.I.P.

images/avatars/avatar-2405.gif

Registration Date: 24.12.2006
Which box: DM 8000HD
External Storage: USB-Stick; HDD
Which accessories: MacMini, PS3, Wii
Which Image: iCVS
Welcher Bildschirm: Sony KDL 40W4000
Origin: BaWü, Germany

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi RuffRyder,

at 1.)
You don't HAVE to use the the latest, but it should be one of the last few versions.

at 2.)
No, you don't need the Sky-Box Number at all.

at 3.)
CCcam will work - but I prefer NewCS as a Cardreader Plugin and mgcamd as a Softcam Plugin. Together they will work just fine...

Sky UK Premium Content (=Sky Movies & Sky Sports) will work with both plugins, CCcam and NewCS.

Regards
Zodac
14.05.2008 11:19 Zodac is offline Search for Posts by Zodac Add Zodac to your Buddy List
RuffRyder

Thread Starter Thread Started by RuffRyder
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the answer, I have two new questions as I am really looking forward to try out everything:

1. I have downloaded MGCam 1.30 complete and NewCS 1.31 from the database here. Do I have to download config files for those plugins seperately?
If yes, which ones do I have to use?
2. Only for my understanding: The order to setup my box for Sky-Sports is the following:

a) Installing/Flashing the Image with a new Gemini Image (DreamUp 1.3.3)
b) Restarting/erasing the image via the button on the box
c) copying the plugins MGCam and NewCS via FTP to the /temp directory
(would you recommend DreamboxControlCenter or DreamBoxEdit for this?)
d) install the plugins via the PluePanel

e) restarting the box(?)
f) Sky-Card should work when being used with the box

Thanks for your help in advance
14.05.2008 14:44 RuffRyder is offline Send an Email to RuffRyder Search for Posts by RuffRyder Add RuffRyder to your Buddy List
Zodac Zodac is a male
V.I.P.

images/avatars/avatar-2405.gif

Registration Date: 24.12.2006
Which box: DM 8000HD
External Storage: USB-Stick; HDD
Which accessories: MacMini, PS3, Wii
Which Image: iCVS
Welcher Bildschirm: Sony KDL 40W4000
Origin: BaWü, Germany

Why did you download NewCS 1.31? There's NewCS 1.50 out there and it's way better than the 1.31 version. In fact, I had major problems with 1.31 because it didn't send any EMMs to the card so it didn't get any updates. So you should definately use NewCS 1.50.

Next question:
Why do you wanna download the Plugins with the computer? With Gemini you can download & install the Plugins directly from the Dreambox with your Remote. Just make sure that your Dreambox has an internet connection.

Then you download:

NewCS 1.50
NewCS Config (newest version)
mgcamd (newest version)
mgcamd Config (newest version)

Make sure that in the mg_cfg (in /var/keys) the setting for AU is "on" and NOT Auto - otherwise your card will run out before it gets updates.

Then you can test everything ... I would suggest to test it with telnet. Log on your box with

telnet [IP] ... for example:
telnet 192.168.2.101

login with root / passwort (normally: dreambox)

and start newcs:
/var/bin/newcs_1.50
(see if the card is initiatlized properly)

then start mgcamd:
/var/bin/mgcamd_1.30 (or which version you have)
(see if it connects properly to newcs, otherwise post your config files here)

if everything works, you can restart both in the BluePanel and everything should work properly.

Greets
Zodac
14.05.2008 15:03 Zodac is offline Search for Posts by Zodac Add Zodac to your Buddy List
RuffRyder

thanks for the help

my problem is that I dont know whether I have internet connection in the place where I want to install the box. So I thought I could install the plugins via a crossover cable and downloaded tarballs.

But I think Internet Installation via the Blue Panel and a router seems to be the better alternative, isnt it?!
14.05.2008 15:36 RuffRyder is offline Send an Email to RuffRyder Search for Posts by RuffRyder Add RuffRyder to your Buddy List
m0rphU m0rphU is a male
V.I.P.

images/avatars/avatar-18676.png

Registration Date: 25.05.2007
Which box: DM900; DM920; DM7080HD
External Storage: USB-Stick; SD-Card; HDD; NAS
Which Image: Merlin

Without a PC it's easier yes... Also because the Downloads in the BluePanel are already sorted so you only see the downloads that are suitable for your box Augenzwinkern

Auf's Maul Kein Support per PN! Auf's Maul

14.05.2008 15:50 m0rphU is offline Search for Posts by m0rphU Add m0rphU to your Buddy List
RuffRyder

yes, that sorting seems to be a big advantage.

I think I will have to manage to get internet access in the place where I want to install the box.

thanx for your help
14.05.2008 16:07 RuffRyder is offline Send an Email to RuffRyder Search for Posts by RuffRyder Add RuffRyder to your Buddy List
RuffRyder

OK guys, the Dreambox is now here with me.
I have just successfully flashed the Gemini 4.40 Image. Right now, there are two problems:

1. Gemini has no connection to the internet. When trying to connect via "Download Gemini Server", it says: "Kann Hostname nicht auflösen (URL:...".
The point is that FTP accessability still exists via Windows Explorer and Firefox.

2. Due to the Internet-Connection Problem, I have downloaded NewCS 1.60 and MGCam 1.30 and the latest Configs from the IhaD-Database. After copying them to /temp and installing them via the BluePanel and restarting the cams via the BP everything seems to be done. I have set the AU-Option in the mg_cfg from "Auto" to "Enable".
My question is now, whether I can test NewCS and MgCam without my Sky-Card because I dont have the card right now to test. I only want to know whether NewCS and MgCam are installed properly.

Thanks in advance
06.06.2008 14:40 RuffRyder is offline Send an Email to RuffRyder Search for Posts by RuffRyder Add RuffRyder to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
i-have-a-dreambox.com | Dreambox - Support » ...::: Archiv - The Gemini Project (GP3, GP2 und GP) :::... » ...::: The Gemini Project :::... » The Gemini Project DM600PVR » SkyUK/SkySports with Gemini?

Privacy policy | Team | Suchen | Hilfe