[DM500+] bricked after flash ??? tftp failed

• Hello,
    I tried to flash an new firmware into my dreambox dm500+ with FlashWizard 6.3 via the network.
    The upload went fine until I restarted the box.

Now, when I power on the box, I see the green and red leds flashing very fast. If I push the power button once, the leds stop flashing.

I tried to flash using the null modem cable with dreamup 1.3.3.11 but it does not work.
    Dreamup only displays "box type: DM500+" and never proposes to load an image.

I connected the windows hyperterminal and I got the following messages:

What can I do?
    It looks like the box is waiting for something.

Thanks in advance for your help

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is it possible you flashed a wrong image maybe for a DM500 and not DM500+

maybe this helps you

HILFE! Dringend 500 S plus reseten?

https://www.i-have-a-dreambox.…/thread.php?postid=736358

It must be a nfi file not a img

• Thank you for replying.

Code
    Why don't you use the webinterface?

I cannot access the webinterface. The box seems to block after the first stage.

For the time I did not still succeed.
    I tried older version of Dreamup 1.3.2.1 1.3.3.0 1.3.3.11 but that did not work. Each time the dreamup detects the box but it does not continue.

What are the correct settings for the COM port in Windows? bitrate, parity, stop bit?

Thanks

I have a DM-500S and I use Gemini

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Filou1977 ()

• Zitat

Originally posted by mfgeg
    Why don't you use the webinterface?

And regarding the serial way,
    try once an older DreamUP version from our database.

Dreambox - Programme / Tools => Programme zum Flashen

I cannot access the webinterface. The box seems to block after the first stage.

I tried older version of Dreamup 1.3.2.1 1.3.3.0 1.3.3.1 1.3.3.11 but that did not work. Each time the dreamup detects the box but it does not continue.

I'm really lost. Any others idea ?

• Zitat

Originally posted by markus21
    Have you tried DreamUp with/without network connection?

Hello,

Yes, I tried with and without the network. I even used a cross network cable to connect the dreambox directly to the PC.
    I tried to press the "s" key several times when the dreambox is booting but that did not work => impossible to enter into the bios.
    I also tried "dreamenum 0.9" (as explained in the links given above) but dreamenum cannot finds the dreambox on the network (PC <-> dreambox with cross network cable).

At the end of my tests, I install a dhcp server with a tftp server on my PC. I configure the DHCP server to provide a tftp server address and the official nfi image.

I see the dm500+ receives an IP and then starts the download of the nfi image via tftp. When the transfer is successful (tftp code 0), I see 2 lines with elf ... something. After some minutes I have this character "†" appearing several times: ††††††††
    What does it mean?

Here after are the messages captured with hyperterminal. We see the tftp transfer but nothing happen afterwards

Thanks