DM 500s - Image ?

• I just bought DM 500s.
    Amazing machine !!!! It works like charm.
    I was using Strong 8000(don't laugh,it's a good receiver) till today and now I have a dilema i.e. which image to use ?
    I already d/l all of them (I guess). So by your experience with DM 500s which one offer the best.
    Is it :
    - hydra500_phoenix_108 or 109
    - hydra500_zeus
    - Gemini_500_102
    - sf_img_106_0901
    etc....
    I would appreciate your advice. :grinning_squinting_face:

• Hi!

I am using the Gemini 1.03. It has got a lot of fixes in it, comparing with the 1.02, most of them because it is based on the new Kernel released with public beta 1.08 for Dm500s. I think gemini is the best image for the Dm500 by now, in its latest version 1.03 it is even supporting *.mp3, mpeg2, Vob & co. it is also very good to record to a pc via CIFS, allthough there are still some bugs to fix (promised for the next kernel by ghost). Allthough there are other images based on the new kernel, like Hydra, gemini is best, not at least because you get the best support for it ( here @ IHAD).

I can also recommend to use Public beta 1.08 for Dm500s (if you want you can integrate camd3). I'm not that satisified with other images, but I think all the ones based on the new kernel are quite OK to use.

for me the only truth is:

Greetings, REINDL

"we are human beings, not human doings"

VuDuo² Dualtuner (VTI 9.0.1)
    Vu+Zero (VTI 9.0.1)
    Dream 500hd (Cvs+Gemini3)

Visiosat BigBigSat 13,0/19,2/23,5/28,2 an EMP 17/8
    :em_austria:

• Thanks, I d/l last night 7021_Gemini_103 and I will try it.
    I also d/l Gemini Manager v2.42 and I didn't unpacked it yet so I don't know what this program do (I only guess).
    Today is the day !
    DreamWorld here I come!!!!