Dreambox update

• flashing new delets all configurations.
    use DCC for Enigma2 to save the basic configs before flashing,
    after flashing you can play them back.

• if your iCVS is from February, wait for a new iCVS and update without new flashing.

• Zitat

Originally posted by car
    if your iCVS is from February, wait for a new iCVS and update without new flashing.

There are several updates in the month, see picture.
    What do you mean wait for new iCVS ?

• Which image do you run?

The screenshot you have is for NFI files. These are new images and they are being generated daily from the EXPERIMENTAL tree. Flashing new image will delete everything on your box (flash).

If you use currently some experimental based images then all updates come to your box via system update function (BP - Addon)

• Zitat

Originally posted by ferdi47

There are several updates in the month, see picture.
    What do you mean wait for new iCVS ?

These images are all experimental! They are released from DMM frequently.

If you use one of these images you don't need to flash your receiver again. All the updates you can get via internet. You have to use online software update function of your receiver, this will be sufficient and you will be always up2date:)

All your configurations and settings will be still available after the online-update!

• Zitat

Originally posted by __QT__
    Which image do you run?
    The screenshot you have is for NFI files. These are new images and they are being generated daily from the EXPERIMENTAL tree. Flashing new image will delete everything on your box (flash).
    If you use currently some experimental based images then all updates come to your box via system update function (BP - Addon)

I am using http://dreamboxupdate.com/opendreambox/1.6/dm800se/images/
    This is the official firmware http://www.dreamboxupdate.com/…release-dm800se-3.0.3.nfi
    What are the differences between the two images?
    What do you recommend ?

• Release-Images are tested images while experimental ones show the latest development part (there may be bugs in that images from time to time, but naturally it's fixed the next day :winking_face: )

• Zitat

Originally posted by ReneRomann
    Release-Images are tested images while experimental ones show the latest development part (there may be bugs in that images from time to time, but naturally it's fixed the next day :winking_face: )

I'm sorry but I want to understand.
    1. release-dm800se-3.0.3.nf1 ---> official
    2. experimental-dm800se_20110316.nf1 ---> experimental
    When you upgrade software directly from the decoder, what is updated ? - The update is made to the current date ? - What difference exists between the two images updated ? - thanks

together we grow - ferdi

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ferdi47 ()

• Question?

If I install the released version (=tested) I only get an update when there is a new released version. Whereas having installed the experimental image I'll receive updates constantly. Right or wrong?

DM 8000
    DMM R + Gemini3 Plugin
    SAMSUNG SN-T083C
    Western Digital WD20EVDS 2TB

DM 500 HD
    The Gemini2 Project 5.1

• Thanks! I start getting it.

DM 8000
    DMM R + Gemini3 Plugin
    SAMSUNG SN-T083C
    Western Digital WD20EVDS 2TB

DM 500 HD
    The Gemini2 Project 5.1

• Zitat

Originally posted by ReneRomann
    Release-Images are tested images while experimental ones show the latest development part (there may be bugs in that images from time to time, but naturally it's fixed the next day :winking_face: )

my English is poor, but I hope you understand; I make an example :
    1. release-dm800se-3.0.1.nfi
    2. release-dm800se-3.0.1.nfi
    I have version 3.01, how do you upgrade to 3.0.3 ?
    The update is executable directly by the decoder or it is necessary to flash again ?

together we grow - ferdi

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ferdi47 ()

• The .nfi-Files are only for flashing.

If you want to upgrade from 3.0.1 you need to run the built-in software update mechanism via System->Settings-Menu or alternatively use the following both commands in telnet:

Code
    opkg update
    opkg upgrade