DreamBox 800 EPG e2_loadEPG

• I have installed e2_loadEPG

it went off to the website and downloaded the channel information and SID information

But when i start my dreambox and push info on a channel it then hit yellow button "single EPG" there is no EPG that i just installed displayed?

Any ideas?

Does any one know of a SKy look a like EPG for the 800 - Searching these forums the E2_loadEPG seems to be the best one?!?

• yea thats the guide i used.

After i ran e2_loadepg.py it went through and ran and downloaded all the EPG information.

My question is why isnt it displaying on the DreamBox do i need to edit something???

• Did you edit the enigma2.sh?

And did you activate to save the EPG data on the usb/hdd ... or wherever you store the EPG data?

Greets
    Zodac

• i did edit the e2_loadepg.py

here is my file:

The files are located in /media/usb/e2_loadepg/

The dat file is created in /media/cf/ext.epg.dat

my dat file has been created and its stored in /media/cf/ext.epg.dat

My enigma.sh was set to this

Code
    [ -f /media/usb/ext.epg.dat ] && mv /media/usb/ext.epg.dat /media/hdd/gemini.epg.dat

I have now changed to this

Code
    [ -f /media/cf/ext.epg.dat ] && mv /media/cf/ext.epg.dat /media/hdd/gemini.epg.dat

This should copy the created one to that DIR

Do i need to rename any thing?

I have just looked in /media/hdd/ and its empty? - cant see gemini.epg.dat

• Hey,

first of all:
    you have a DM 800? How can you use a Compact Flash Card in a DM 800?

And why are you using three different locations? cf, usb and hdd? Why not put everything on the same?!?!?

I have everything, the e2_loadepg tool, the ext.epg.dat and the gemini.epg.dat on an USB Stick mounted to /media/usb

And again:
    Did you adjust in the Blue Panel of Gemini, that Epg data should be stored in gemini.epg.dat and in the right place (in your case, hdd)???

Zitat

I have just looked in /media/hdd/ and its empty? - cant see gemini.epg.dat

This is because the file gets deleted as soon as Enigma has read it.

Another question:
    Did you assign the Channel names of the bskyb-channel_list.conf to the real channel names in your lamedb?

You MUST do this ...

Example:

# 26 , ITV1 London
    26=1,itv1 london,bskyb

In the thread you'll find my adjusted bskyb-channel_list.conf ... it should work perfectly with most of the channels. However, I deleted a few, because I don't need them (crap channels like Travel Channel, QVC etc.).

Greets
    Zodac

• I have had a lot of problems with the EPG since we changed to GMT. In order to get e2_loadepg to recognise GMT rather than BST you have to edit the GMT Delta command in the Bskyb conf file.

I have set my GMT Delta = 0 yet the EPG times are still out by two hours. I have tried lots of different combinations, +2 hours, -2 hours, but the timings are still 2 hours out.

I'm running 0.44 version of e2_loadepg.

Has anyone got any advice on this?

• I also had problems since DST ended. In my channel list the times were not correct. After I zapped to a BBC channel, the time changed and the program list was updated and corrected.

Now I've changed GMT_DELTA to 0 (it was GMT_DELTA=1), and everything seems to be fine. (I'm in the CET zone (Amsterdam, Paris)).

I deleted all *.pyc files and cleared the contents of the cache directory (/e2_loadepg/cache/) completely when changing GMT_DELTA.

• Zitat

Originally posted by homeboy
    I also had problems since DST ended. In my channel list the times were not correct. After I zapped to a BBC channel, the time changed and the program list was updated and corrected.

Now I've changed GMT_DELTA to 0 (it was GMT_DELTA=1), and everything seems to be fine. (I'm in the CET zone (Amsterdam, Paris)).

I deleted all *.pyc files and cleared the contents of the cache directory (/e2_loadepg/cache/) completely when changing GMT_DELTA.

Homeboy, thanks for that. I cleared out the cache directory as you suggested and it all works now! :)

• Zitat

Originally posted by Zodac
    Why would you need a patch?

Greets
    Zodac

I am trying to make it work with a 600pvr E2 cvs image. The bskyb cache is received, /hdd/ext.epg.dat is made. Looks like /hdd/epg.dat is read by epgcache.cpp. But on the tv only the usual Now and Next appears. I have also activated MHW.

Has anybody used it with a cvs 800 or 7025 image ?

Regards, pcd.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von pcd ()

• pcd:
    You need to make sure that the EPG is saved on your external storage device (eg. hdd, usb, cf or whatever you use).

In Gemini there is a setting for this - you need to check how & where to set this in your CVS image. But it should definately be possible.

THEN you need to make the adjustments to the enigma2.sh - see README file - and copy (or move) the ext.epg.dat over this epg storage file (in Gemini: e.g. /media/hdd/gemini.epg.dat).

Then reboot - and you should have EPG.

Greets
    Zodac

• It is working now with bskyb ! Many thanks ! :danke:

Do you know if there are channel_list_generator.py or channel_list.conf files for other European providers like the Nordic providers ?

Cheers, pcd.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von pcd ()

• Zitat

Do you know if there are channel_list_generator.py or channel_list.conf files for other European providers like the Nordic providers ?

None that I know of - sorry.

Greets
    Zodac

• Hi,
    Can I get the epg data online? what I mean is I want to play my own subtitles, and I'm using Drtic. for that to work properly I want a way to get the program's name "online" so I can go and fetch the correct subtilite for it.
    what is the coorect way of doing it?

thanks

Tom

• idreamsat:
    It definately is possible - but you have to contact the developer of this tool and ask him to implement it.

Greets
    Zodac

• Also, if you know the urls to get the epg in xml form - I can try to do the e2_loadepg files for those providers. :)

• Zitat

Originally posted by pcd
    Also, if you know the urls to get the epg in xml form - I can try to do the e2_loadepg files for those providers. :)

I haven't checked load epg myself, and I think I will today, anyway, the url is http://labs.zap2it.com/