SID not found in PAT

• Hi,

I have the same problem after upgrading from Gemini 1.8 to 2.4 but only when i switch from satelite.
    So if i'm watching the dutch channels om 19.2 then all is fine.
    But when i switch to 28.2 to see the BBC channels, i get the message "Service not Found! - (SID not found in PAT)"

If i reboot enigma now, then i see the BBC channels perfectly. But when i want to switch back to 19.2 to one of the dutch channels, i get the same message again. Only restarting Enigma helps to get me back to the satellite.

It seems it doesn't wants to move my rotor to move the dish to the correct satellite.

Anyone the same problem ?? (and maybe an answer?)

• Ok found out that the CVS didn't 'repair' the rotor bug. So i still have to use " Loop true TUNER A" to get the rotor working and not getting the "Tuner Failed" message. The "Service not Found! (SID not found in PAT) did i checked out in the script.

• Hi,

SID not found in PAT = no SID ( ? ) on Channel

normal ... Research work again and will receive A New SID :winking_face:

• No answer, but I have a similar problem - only started with 2.40

----edit----

Actually, reading your post better - I don't even have a rotor, but sometimes I am browsing channels in on transponder and when I switch to another (I guess different polarity...) I get that message and all channels on both tuners (Cable and Satellite) are black. After a reboot, all fine again...

• Jaco2k,
    do you use a Diseqc switch?

If so, I think it seems to be a problem only with some Diseqc switches :
    7025 DVB-S Tuner mit Hardware-Problemen, kein Support von DMM
    and
    http://www.dream-multimedia-tv…/thread.php?threadid=4220

@hasa,
    you think or know?

Has this even been acknowledged by the Gemini Team as a problem with G2.4?

Is there an online "bug list" or "feature list for G2.5"? (I think I know that answer to that last Q).

Edit : fixed second link above

• Well,

i think that they are working on it.

Much people, say that is a "rotor bug". So i think that the GP team are working to get the image stable.

I have a DM500S too, and all working fine.

With my DM7025, i get this message too, when i'm changing from 19.2E to 30.0W. (SID not found in PAT)

That's too bad, for Gemini Image.

I hope the problem is solved by the team.

Regards.

• @hasa,
    that's definately a timeout issue within the code...

I get that too with my Stab Motor. However, I have edited the /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/InfoBarGenerics.py file (as stated above) so I dont see the annoying message. But this has been there for the last two, or three, images I can remember.

Jaco2k,
    no idea why you are seeing it then... :frowning_face:

• Here is an perfect example LINK
    Someone record it on a DVD recorder and converted to MPEG.
    U can see the CRASH and SID not found in PAT message.

DM7025SC > iCVS.GP3
    Visiosat Big Bisat > Alps 0,6dB BSTE8-801A (15w/5w/0.8w/9e/4.8e/13e/19e/23e)

• Zitat

Originally posted by mbenbah
    Here is an perfect example LINK
    Someone record it on a DVD recorder and converted to MPEG.
    U can see the CRASH and SID not found in PAT message.

Exactly the same problem I get - I have LNB straight to the box, so no rotor or DISEQ involved.

My guess here from looking at the video and also at my own problem is that the box somehow crashes when you flip into a channel where the BER is high or oscillating.

As said before, only way to recover from this crash is a reboot...

• In my case, i have a diseqc...

And i guess that this error happens when i'm changing channel with polarity diferent (From Vertical to Horizontal) from ASTRA (disecq port 2) to Hispasat (disecq port 3)

Someone can help us?

Thanks

• I have been readind around foruns, and i'm thinking that all tis thing is a problem of the tuner DVB-S.

Probably, can be the DVB-S drivers for the tuner.

What do you say?

• Zitat

Originally posted by mbenbah
    Exactly the same problem I get - I have LNB straight to the box, so no rotor or DISEQ involved.

My guess here from looking at the video and also at my own problem is that the box somehow crashes when you flip into a channel where the BER is high or oscillating.

As said before, only way to recover from this crash is a reboot...

I am the one who made this recording. My DVB-T reception is poor because the local transmitter in my city has temporarily been switched off. Zapping to channels with poor BER that are encrypted makes the box hang. It seems to be a CAM related bug. Both the original Dreambox CAM and hacker CAMs show the bug.

Some info about the channels you see in the MPEG file:
    Travel Ch +1 is an FTA DVB-S channel.
    Travel Ch is an FTA DVB-S channel.
    Tele2/Voetbal 1 is an encrypted DVB-T channel.
    Canvas/Ketnet is an encrypted DVB-T channel.
    Een is an encrypted DVB-T channel.

See http://www.dream-multimedia-tv…/thread.php?threadid=4511 .

Regards, Frits

• One can get rid of error messages while zapping with the following patch to the Dreambox 7025.

In file "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/InfoBarGenerics.py" replace almost the end of the file the line:

Code
    Notifications.AddPopup(text = error, type = MessageBox.TYPE_ERROR, timeout = 5, id = "ZapError")

With:

Code
    Notifications.RemovePopup(id = "ZapError")

Of cause you only suppress the error message and not the problem. However, some stations that are not transmitting during the night completely switch off the signal, which results in annoying error messages while zapping. In Enigma 1 there was a configuration setting to get rid of such error messages.

When making the MPEG video mentioned before, I disabled this patch. I made this file to show to the Dream MultiMedia developers that the Dreambox would crash on poor signals. The MPEG file has been made with the original DreamMultimedia image from 26-3-2007.

Regards, Frits

• But that, is only to hide the error message.

Do not solve the problem.

And both chanels are transmiting. That's is not the question.

Someone can share your experiences?

• hasa,
    as I stated above (SID not found in PAT)
    SOME switches seem not to be working correctly... (Have a look at the links).

I have 4in1out switch (connected to Tuner B) and DO NOT get this error message. Just when my motor is turning e.g. 16E to 30W or even 19.2E to 28.3E.

• This problem is only I think with Version 2.40 , when I have this problem , the dreambox goes power off , wait for a minute or two , then power on , the problem is gone.