DM520 : How to stream a channel to UDP protocol with its EPG content?

• Hi all,

I'm looking for how to stream from the DM520 a channel to UDP with its content.

I know there are 2 requests:

1 - stream a channel through UDP protocol

2 - stream a channel through UDP protocol with its EPG content

I'm beginner :baby: with the Dreambox tuners but I saw there are plugins or maybe only it could be done by changing/adding some parameters/settings in a hidden part of the DM520 advanced settings, if it exists.

Does someone have one or the both answers to my questions?

Thanks for your support.

Kind Regards

Alain

• Check for "tomcast" binary. You can locally fetch the http and push as udp unicast/multicast. Works very good. The tomcast binary is here in Bastelecke

• Hi Dam72,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm not sure to understand all you mean

The binary tomcast is to install in my local computer or in the DM520 tuner?

And what is the "Batelecke" and where to find it?

Thanks

Alain

• :hurra:

Thanks of lot Dam72.

I made a search with Google for both and 5 seconds was not enough. :face_with_rolling_eyes: :winking_face:

Thanks again for your time.

Maybe have you an idea about how to add the EIT (EPG) information to the channel to stream? When I read the HTTP stream coming from the DM520 with the VLC player, there is no EIT information. VLC calls it "Program Guide".

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Alain

• you should check the menu of dm520, you can add the EIT as well to the http stream, then it´s inside

• Hi dam72,

Thanks again for your good advices to use tomcast to convert HTTP stream to UDP stream. It works fine.

Still following your advices, I looked for in DM520 Menu how to activate the EIT metadata in the HTTP stream and unfortunately I didn't find it. I looked in plugins available but I didn't fin anything that could do the job.

If you know how to add/activate in Menu the EIT metadata to the HTTP streams, I will you grateful.

Thanks

Kind regards,

Alain