Schedule reboot to DM7080HD

• Hi everyone,

I have an issue with my DM7080HD. Around once a month I have to manually reboot it because she stop to stream TV.. I don't know what happend but this is very annoying. Is there any way to reboot it automatically ?

Thanks in advance
    Regards,

Mathieu

• You can set up a cron job to execute a command on re-occuring basis (e.g. once a week/month, every day or however you like). The issue with such job though is that it needs to respect active recording timers which isn't trivial to do. So I think you will need a script that checks first if any active recording or any other usage of the box is happening and if not then initiates the restart of the system. After restart you need to ensure the box is entering the desired power state (idle or active).

So, technically possible but needs some advanced scripting to work out the details and avoid the caveats.

• Hi,

thank you very much for your answer. I did try to add a cron job but it just doesn't work.. And for all that I know we do not have any "recording" on this box.. It's simply used to Stream TV on display screen :thinking_face: I'm definitely not an expert of this unfortunately :thinking_face:

Thanks in advance
    Regards

Mathieu