Plugin SVT Player

• It would very nice if you could do a new svt-plugin that could go directly out on the net without have to use vlc on the computer.

And even nice if it could go out to all TV Stations player, TV3play, TV4play, kanal5play and so on.

DM7025+ SS | HDD Samsung 400GB | CF Sandisk eXtreme IV 4GB | LT6.3
    DM8000 SSSS | WD Purple NV WD4NPURX 64MB 4TB | CF Sandisk eXtreme IV 4GB | OpenPLi 6.2

• Zitat

Originally posted by catzon
    It would very nice if you could do a new svt-plugin that could go directly out on the net without have to use vlc on the computer.

And even nice if it could go out to all TV Stations player, TV3play, TV4play, kanal5play and so on.

Only the hd boxes (500hd, 800 and 8000) have the processing power to directly convert web video - and even then only some formats of video.

Cheers, pcd.

• Hi,

I looked into SVT Play for streaming.

It is possible to stream - but there are these two options :-

With HD boxes - directly without pc- the buffering has to finish before the video can be played.

With SD boxes - with vlc - can be played during buffering.

If you think this is ok - I will post the plugin.

Cheers, pcd.

• Zitat

"With SD boxes - with vlc - can be played during buffering"

would be great for us with 7025 boxes
    Two questions:
    1)
    Is it also possible to be able to choose quality like one can in the svt flash-player?
    2)"http://svtplay.se/alfabetisk" is an excellent catalog that would also be very handy to use.
    Best regards
    Sven Svensson

• Hi,

Please try the attached. This is my first attempt at the new svt play setup - video/audio transcoding from mp4 not so good ! Only works with vlc 1.0.5. Please check if it works with the 7025.

Ftp folder Svtplayer to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions
    and file downloads.py to /usr/lib/enigma2/python.

After Select - Exit plugin and watch with vlcplayer.

I used cifs to mount pc share folder which stored the buffer.

The final file for playback is svt.ts.

Cheers, pcd.

• Thanks a lot!

- The download works and produces a svt.ts file along with a number of small tempfiles in "/media/hdd/movie/"

Although the setting "yes", these tempfiles are not deleted after the download.

- Nothing happens in the pc share folder c:\dream. No file is produced/moved to this folder.

The svt.se audio/video is ok to watch in VLC 1.05 on the PC, but with vlc-playerplugin on my 7025 both audio and video appears in slowmotion (and with wrong aspect-ratio, stretched to 4:3).
    I have tried numerous settings in the Enigma2 VLCplugin (transcode Y/N, bitrates, etc), but nothing helps. The output is still in slowmotion when watched on the 7025.
    best regards
    Sven Svensson

• Did you mount (I used cifs) c:\dream to /media/hdd/movie/ ?

If so - in the dreambox when you go to /media/hdd/movie/ you should see c:\dream. The dreambox therefore should record the svt.ts file in c:\dream.

VLC on pc probably cannot read from the dreambox hdd properly. This probably explains the playback slow speed.

The intended process is - the dreambox writes svt.ts on the pc share folder (with cifs) - and the VLC on pc reads directly from the pc folder.

Cheers, pcd.

• 7025 comments:
    Unfortunately, also having the svt.ts file in the c:\dream directory on the PC where VLC 1.05 is running, the output on the 7025 in the Enigma2plugin VLCplayer is in slow motion. The PC running VLC is a P4 3,4GHz seems powerful enough and does not seem to work hard at all. Is it possible that the resolution=480x270, is a little too high for the 7025? Is there a way to test tweaking it down in some way by laborating/changing the code somewhere?

Moreover, when watching svt.ts on the PC one could hear short peaks in volume on a regual basis throughout the played file.
    Would it be different with use of another codec?
    See two enclosed files for the svt.se statistics when shown on a pc/vlc

Any idea would be appreciated!

• This is interesting.

I was testing it on my 600pvr. Playback on the dreambox was ok for speed - but the sound was uneven.

Please give the name (url) of your example video and I will test it.

Cheers, pcd.

• Hi tispe,

I checked the video A-ekonomi.

With the 600pvr - when the file svt.ts is fully written to C:\dream - it plays normally on the dreambox with vlcplayer. Only the sound jumps up slightly for a split second from time to time. I had no problem watching.

With the 500hd - I played the same svt.ts via cifs using gstreamer (no vlc). This time the playback was normal and high quality.

So - I think the problem is with vlc transcoding from mp4.

I do not understand why your playback on dreambox via vlc is slow !

Cheers, pcd.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von pcd ()

• I tried some different settings in the VLCplugin and noticed that the problem lies in the audio transcoding. If I turn audio transcoding off, the video stream runs perfectly smooth and at correct speed. But when I turn audio transcoding on (no matter which mpeg1-3, low bitrate etc) both video and audio becomes corrupt.

I run VLC 1.05 installed "without installer"
    http://download.videolan.org/p…/win32/vlc-1.0.5-win32.7z

Any suggestions for getting the audio right?

• Hi,

You should look in the Videolan forum for info on mp4 streaming. I will look also when I have time. Probably a new nightly build may work better.

Cheers, pcd.