YoutubeplayerE1 - a plugin to watch Youtube videos with 600pvr and 7020

• You need this plugin :- :)

YoutubeplayerE1_70x0 - special for dm7000 and dm7020

• Zitat

Originally posted by pcd

You need this plugin :- :)

YoutubeplayerE1_70x0 - special for dm7000 and dm7020

After editing movieplayer.xml with the adress of the PC which runs vlc and starting the plugin I got a list of options to select or change amongst which was the country, however I can't enter BE (belgium) from the list... so I tried with GB or NL and then I got a "buffering video stream"-message for ever ...
    Could it be that the option for the country has to be BE ??? How to do this?
    I tried to edit movieplayer.xml myself replacing GB by BE but that doesn't seem to work

regards,
    abu ilya

• Hi,

I have not used this plugin for some time. Perhaps youtube has changed something.

I am a bit busy now - but I will test when I can and let you know.

• thanx in advance
    abu ilya

• Hi abu_ilya,

I checked with the plugin files from the plugin YoutubeplayerE1_70x0 (link in my post above).

It works ok. I tried the George Michael Beyonce video from UK region. Played ok.

Please only edit the server ip in the .xml file. Other items - you can edit in the plugin. If you still have problem - it may be vlc settings. Perhaps reinstall it - delete config etc when asked during uninstall. Vlc settings instructions are here :-

YoutubePlayerE1_Final - plugin for enigma1

Sorry - YouTube does not have a BE region. But you can certainly watch videos from other regions.

Cheers, pcd.

• Hi,
    i have a problem with this plugin: After preparing VLC on my computer (i tried different versions, eg. 0.8.6i) and after entering my pc ip into the youtubeplayer.xml and movieplayer.xml (i tried both) i think i have done all the necessary things.
    When I start VLC on my Computer and then Youtubeplayer on my DreamBox 7020 I can see the settings screen where all the information are correct. But when I press "Exit" the settings screen closes and a new window opens but just for less than a second. After this I am back at my plugins screen.

Any Idea what I can do to make this plugin work?

------------------------------------------
    Hi, ich habe ein Problem mit dieem plugin: Nachdem ich den VLC Player (mehrere Versionen getestet, u.a. 0.8.6i) vorbereitet habe, in die movieplayer.xml und die youtubeplayer.xml (beide getestet) meine PC IP eingetragen habe müsste eigentlich alles funktionieren.
    Wenn ich das Youtubeplayer Plugin starte kommt zuerst der Einstellungs-Bildschirm wo ich nochmal die IP etc. ändern kann, dort stimmt aber alles. Wenn ich jetzt aber auf Exit drücke öffnet sich für weniger als eine Sekunde ein Fenster und schließt sich dann wieder. Danach bin ich wieder bei dem Auswahlbildschirm meiner Plugins.

Was könnte ich noch ausprobieren, um das Plugin zum laufen zu bringen?

MfG
    Keldar

• I tried this Version of the Plugin, too, but it didn't solve the problem.
    I don't even get a half picture, I get no picture, the plugin closes instantly after opening it.

Maybe another idea?

MfG
    Keldar

• Zitat

Originally posted by Keldar
    I tried this Version of the Plugin, too, but it didn't solve the problem.
    I don't even get a half picture, I get no picture, the plugin closes instantly after opening it.

Maybe another idea?

MfG
    Keldar

I was referring to this post :-

Youtube "videos are now with different address. I will need to remake the plugin. This will take some time.

For now - as you have the 7020 - you can use Youtubeplayer with this enigma2 image :--

DreamForum II.v11.0-DM7020 e2

You can install this image on multiboot with Barry Allen - only takes about 5 minutes ! "

Regards, pcd.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von pcd ()

• Zitat

Originally posted by Keldar
    Oh, I see, sorry, it was my fault.
    I will give it a try, thank you.

MfG
    Keldar

Good !

Any problem with the e2 image or the e2 youtubeplayer plugin - let us know. :)

• Hello,

on my dm600 the youtubeplayer is working quite fine, I can watch youtube videos when I select them from the list.

But I cannot search anything because I cannot type any text into the search field.
    How can I type any text into the search field?

I only have dm600 remote, no keyboard.

Thanks a lot!

• I am surprised the old plugin (from this thread) works ! Please try the new version from here :-

YoutubeplayerE1.v.2.0

To search - if I remember correctly - (1) select blue (2) press OK (3) input search words in the bottom line (4) press OK (5) press blue.

Cheers, pcd.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von pcd ()

• Hello pcd,

thanks for the fast reply.
    I upgraded to your new plugin, but now the plugin doesn't start anymore.
    It doesn't find the symbol _ZN7Decoder5FlushEi.

Do you know which library I have to upgrade to get this symbol?
    If not, could you maybe link the plugin statically, so that this symbol is directly contained in the plugin?

Thanks a lot!

• Hello Schorschi0815,

Youtube have changed the video url method 2 days ago. So the plugin will not work now anyway. I am trying to get it going again !

The "decoderflash" problem should not be there with the new plugin. We will discuss this later.

Cheers, pcd.

• Hello pcd,

I solved the problem with the undefined symbol, I flashed Gemini 4.6 on my box since I found articles in this forum which told that it is working with Gemini 4.6.

But you are right, that the player is currently not working...

But I was able to search files, which was my initial problem :-).

• Habe ein Dreambox PVR 600

habe das Plugins installiert, einstellungen sind auch OK, aber wenn ich mir ein Video ansehen will, macht die Box ein Reboot.

Habe Gemini 4.70 drauf.

Was mach ich falsch, oder muss ich dafür eine Festplatte haben?