DivX on DM800

• Anyone knows if DM800 can read DivX, directly.....

The new processor handle DivX.

Not by VLCF, but can read dirctly DivX??

• hi,

as far as i know/read has the dm800 a 300mhz cpu! but the mhz doesn't have to say anything! th dm7000 has a 250mhz cpu!

divx-support has to be included in the cpu!

DM 920 UHD 2xDVB-S2 FBC
    DM 7020 HD 2x DVB-C mit CVS + GP3-Plugin + Sundtek USB-DVB-C-Tuner, 320GB Samsung-HDD extern

42PFL6877K Philips LED-TV

PS3 Slim 250 GB

Synology DS213j

• Broadcom offerw only a limited set of CPUs with DivX support (because there is a license fee included) which are mainly for DVD Players, and only 1 chip with DivX for a SAT Receiver - and no, the CPU of the 800 is NOT this chip.

Broadcom has also only a limited set of CPUs with a FPU (Floating Point Unit) which would allow to implement DivX support (let's better NOT discuss the license part in this case) and no, the CPU of the 800 is not such a chip.

so continue with your prayers for the 8000 ...

BUT some version of DivX are part of the MPEG4 standard, so there you prayers should be heart in Lünen even for the 800.

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von gutemine ()

• So we got to continue using VLCF (and have a computer powered on with VLC installed, etc) for plying DivX?

That's sad, no?

• no that is NOT sad, because you could watch it in HDTV resolution :)

And a DivX capable DVD Player costs far less then a Dreambox, so where is the problem ?

Even the Game console vendors are VERY conservative about supporting playing DivX (especially when it comes to HDTV resolutions) and they have more capable CPUs on board then a simple SAT Receiver !

And let's first see what the box can do when the box is vailable, everything elese is just an educated guess which is more or less specualtion in any case !

Ciao
    gutemine

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gutemine ()

• Hi,
    couldn´t you just wait? The HD-chips are normally also capable of decoding DivX (which is also MPEG4) without the need of the CPU. Just sit back and wait.

For instance:
    "The STi5202 Set-Top Boxes/DVD Decoder Chip supports DivX, Flash video and video-conferencing standards, and also the new Chinese AVS1-P2 Jizhun Profile 4.0 level (SD) video decoding standard."

ciao

• as the dm800 has a AMD x86 cpu i don't think it will be hard todo...

• it has neither an sti nor an amd x86 cpu...
    so try your luck in the broadcom area..
    btw. divX is NOT equal to H.264.. if a cpu can decode H.264 it doesnt say anything about the playing capacities of divX... shure both are (more or the less) mpeg4 containers but they are not equal...
    and please dont forget.. newer versions of divX need a license.. think that is one of the main probs why some cpus can decode and some dont...

• Zitat

Original von vartaxe
    as the dm800 has a AMD x86 cpu i don't think it will be hard todo...

as lukes_s said this is nonsense, and the AMD Elan of the 8000 is a pretty slow CPU so I don't think that you can use it to encode DivX in Realtime.

But why are people so horny about DivX ???

I would be much more worried about/interested in HD DVD content !

• no need to encode divx... just decode... also no need for divx license... HELLO ANYONE HEARD ABOUT XVID? :wmbiggrin:

• Zitat

Original von gutemine
    But why are people so horny about DivX ???

I would be much more worried about/interested in HD DVD content !

HD-DVD is dead :winking_face:

And for divx. I think that is the format that is mostly used for illegal Movie-Downloads from the Inet

• yeah no need for hd dvd or bluray stuff... just xvid and x264! :wmwink:

• exactly it is for seeing illegal stuff, and there are already plenty of ways available to watch it :frowning_face:

And I meant High Definition DVD Content, it doesn't make a difference if it comes on a Blue Ray with a Sony Smile !

• it has nothing to do with watching illegal stuff... there a lot of stuff encoded on xvid and x264 which have nothing of illegal also you can encode your own stuff, videos whatever with xvid codec to save up space or now as i have a sony HD camcorder do you think i'm gonna to buy a bluray burner for it? no way! its to dispensive so that way i can encode it to x264 and stoe it on my harddrive or even burn it in normal dvd's!

• Zitat

Original von vartaxe
    no need to encode divx... just decode... also no need for divx license... HELLO ANYONE HEARD ABOUT XVID? :wmbiggrin:

again..
    divX is not equal to xvid...
    try to play an divX 6+ coded movie on ur xvid capable dvd player...

• I know that Digital (HD) Camcorders are available already - guess where the dirty downloads are coming from :)

It is quite simple - look at the Broadcom homepage at the CPU description there stands exactly which standards it supports:

http://www.broadcom.com/collateral/pb/7401-PB04-R.pdf

And there are already very "pleasurefull" things included like mp3 viahardware, windows media audio,... and H.264/AVC main and high profile up to Level 4.1 and VC-1 advance profile level 3 and simple and main profile.

And then you start reading these standards or browse trough the Wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.264

And then you know more about the subject and don't need to ask anymore :)

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von gutemine ()

• Jürgen im DMM Board hat die Frage übrigens beantwortet nach DivX auf der 800 :)

> NO

PS: Eigentlich können wir damit jetzt hier closen - oder ?

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von gutemine ()

• jup wurde alles gesagt

- closed -

DreamBox 1: 7000s rev. 4 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dreambox 2: 7025-SS . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dreambox 3: 600 PVR-S . . . . . . . . . Dreambox 4: DM800S HD PVR
    USB - Stick: Kingston Datatraveler USB 2.0 . . CF - Karte: 1GB Extrememory Performance w/o MB!
    Festplatte: IBM 120GB . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Festplatte: Maxtor 200GB. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Festpaltte: Samsung 120GB. . . . . . . Festplatte: HDDrive2go 500GB eSata
    Image im Flash: Gemini 4.X0 . . . . . . . . . . . . . Image im Flash: Gemini 4.X0. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Image im Flash: Gemini 4.X0. . . . . . Image im Flash: Gemini 5.X0
    Satelliten: 13,0°; 19,2°; 23,5° Ost. . . . . . . . . . Satelliten: NIM1 -19,2° Ost; NIM2 - 13,0°; 19,2°; 23,5° Ost . . Satelliten: 13,0°; 19,2°; 23,5° Ost . . Satelliten: 13,0°; 19,2°; 23,5° Ost

...Never cared for what they say - Never cared for games they play - Never cared for what they do - Never cared for what they know...

ICH GEBE WEDER IM FORUM NOCH PER PM HILFE ZU KEYS BZW. PAYTV HACKS!